my new 2000 SJ project

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
You could look for a good used crank here, or buy one from SBT. They should have pistons, too.

If you keep a close eye on the forum, good deals do pop up.

You can buy a complete top end with pistons(used pistons) for around $200-300, and a used crankshaft for around $150 or so. Then purchase some gaskets and crank seals from Jetmaniac...you will be good to go.

Or just keep an eye out for a great deal on a motor...although 62T's don't usually go dirt cheap unless they look about the same as yours.

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Send Chris (Jetmaniac) a PM. He's got everything from used stuff to turn key ported 710cc 62T motors.

Also Brian at Thrust has a complete Raider motor ready to go.

I'll have to talk to a buddy of mine from yamaha. I know surdykye yamaha gives 20% plus free shipping. So I might go that way. I've never rebuilt a ski motor, have done some cars tho.

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I'll have to talk to a buddy of mine from yamaha. I know surdykye yamaha gives 20% plus free shipping. So I might go that way. I've never rebuilt a ski motor, have done some cars tho.

There are a couple of guys here who sell nice gasket kits, buy one of those and some pro-x pistongs. you'll have OEM quality for less money.

For the crank, if you're building your motor back to stockish then an SBT crank will be a cheap way to help you get back on the water.

personally I wouldn't put time into using any parts from that motor. I'd sell off what I can and put that towards a complete motor

If you REALLY need to keep this cheap, you could buy a 650 superjet motor for the time being - they run about 300 bucks.

otherwise plan on spending 600-800 for a stock 62t motor

yeah i was thinking of a 650..but i guess i dont want to spend money on a 650 then regret it later. Might as well just either rebuild this one with new/used parts of just get a complete 701 and drop it in there. Just do it right the first time around, so i dont have to spend more money later. Im not to sure about SBT from what ive heard..

Your buddy is at Surdyke's? I go in there quite a bit in the summer time (and sometimes offseason too)
yeah his name is Louis, i met him from another buddy of mine, slowstang305, he has helped me out with parts for my06 vx before , and hes a really nice person to deal with

Pwgsx

Go big or go home
thats a bite of a crapola sandwich..their prices for a rebuilt 701 are kinda nice. 500..

price may be nice but rebuild work is half @ss, Their quality and parts are cheap cheap cheap. You get what you pay for :pancake:

Top Bottom