Octane My new engine build

Yes, I was looking at the head and saw that some sealant would be needed at the head bolts. I made the studs out of 17-4 stainless. These engines require a lot of customization. Its not your average yami bolt together.

rkm

Yes, I was looking at the head and saw that some sealant would be needed at the head bolts. I made the studs out of 17-4 stainless. These engines require a lot of customization. Its not your average yami bolt together.

Retorque the cylinder studs every ride for atleast the first twenty hours. These cylinders are a very poor casting. Ive had atleast ten that seep coolant out the side.

Well here's the old crank I was running... And I put at least 40-50 hours on it in this condition and she still ran when I took it apart..!!

Last edited by a moderator:

3rid

-
where do you guys source your rods for polaris octane crankshaft ?
do you have the references of the bearings ?

Thanks in advance

Not close to being tuned just right yet, and it spins the stock pitch octane impeller (solas concord in a solas 140mm mag pump) from idle to 7250 rev limiter faster than you can squeeze the throttle to wide open! Hopefully the repitched prop comes this week.
But it pulls so smoothly and midrange is crazy! It's an arm puller, can't wait to get that steeper prop.

Not the greatest, but a little sample of the potential this motor has... That's a full length, reenforced Octane hull with the stock mag pump and prop...

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a first step. The build goal was a strong grunty surf motor thats not highly stressed. The Octane only runs a 140 mm pump, the compression requested (thanks Mark Baxster) was set with pump gas in mind. The engine runs using 46mm first gen Novi's. This is a stock stroke engine, so the crank is a lot less expencive. I wanted to help Alex build an engine that gave him all the surf power he wanted on a relative budget. When we first talked about it he said there were no low profile p/v's available. I thought it would be that much more fun to be the first. For what he's running, its a good budget build although thats a frame of referance. If in the future Alex wants to step up there is plenty of room to go, but for now its just tunning it in.

Erik did an awesome job with this motor! Found we needed to run stiffer polaris springs for the valves due to where we're getting the pressure to open them from, and it hits even harder! Also got a freshly repitched impeller. Stock was 15/23, this is 17/25 with the 140mm mag pump. Still could probably use a different nozzle, but the boat pulls real hard and smooth. Had it in the surf a few weeks ago and was very happy, now it should be even better. And this is still in a heavy Octane hull! Can't wait to get something lighter... I essentially got an EME engine, with low profile power valves so I can run a B-pipe and keep my gas tank, for about half the price of a new one...

Don't know if this topic is dead. But have a motor like this looking for the adaptor plate and the low profile power valves. I got some dasa valves but wont fit into the stock crankshop cylinders. If you would sell me what I need that would allow me us use my b pipe. It came with a powerfactor manifold on it. Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC05901.JPG
    DSC05901.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 68
Don't know if this topic is dead. But have a motor like this looking for the adaptor plate and the low profile power valves. I got some dasa valves but wont fit into the stock crankshop cylinders. If you would sell me what I need that would allow me us use my b pipe. It came with a powerfactor manifold on it. Thanks.
You need to contact Erik of TPE. He had those made for me and needs to make another pair for my other engine...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom