My new hull

looks good, the saran wrap effect is sweet. why would you tape off your tray?

I taped it off cuz I only wanted to do the top deck one color and the bottom deck another. So while I was painting the bottom deck my buddy decided that "we" aka steve, wanted to try the saran wrap effect and he just tore off the paper while I was spraying the purple. I had no other choice but to do it his way. So then I painted the whole thing purple becuase it was going to be showing through the blue if the saran wrap would have worked.

So I went to bed and woke up at 4:30 am and started sanding the right side of the ski. I would of woke up normally but I had to get the ski painted so my dad could use the paint booth and also my buddy steve and I were leaving at 6 am to drive to Ohio to pick up an outboard motor.

I got the sanding done and sprayed the blue down on the top deck and then cleared it. It came out good but I got some runs which could of been avoided if the booth wasn't so darn cold and if I was using the right gun. I think it looks pretty sweet and it should look even better if I end up wet sanding it. The best part in my opinion is the nose and hopefully it will keep looking that good if my reconstruction job holds up.

Attachments

• 2007-03-14 025.jpg
    2007-03-14 025.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 86
  • 101_1346.jpg
    101_1346.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 157
  • 2007-03-14 024.jpg
    2007-03-14 024.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 2007 nose.jpg
    2007 nose.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 104
Hey i've had some great ideas at the spur of the moment that one just sucked.

Ya it sucked horribly, I would of had the thing foamed and turfed with the great footholds I got. Now that I think about it Wright and Womack are more productive than you. Atleast they dont need a chair to sit in. :biggrin:

Attachments

• 101_1337.jpg
    101_1337.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 47
Front exhaust

Well I would of loved to have bought a x-metal waterbox but that just wasn't in the budget for me. Instead I decided to fab up my own front exhaust. The main pieces were: flexible radiator hose, pvc "t" that will work until I weld up something, some more rubber tubing, a rod holder and some hose clamps.

It worked out great except I should of put the outlet further forward if that is at all possible. I'm in the market for an aftermarket waterbox, preferably a tdr or something cheap, so if anyone has one let me know.

I might be going home this weekend to put the holds in and finish up as much as possible, but if not there is always next weekend. No matter what though I want to be riding Easter weekend.

Attachments

• 101_1338.jpg
    101_1338.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 101_1341.jpg
    101_1341.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 37
you putting the 24/7 footholds back in??

Nope, for some reason I could never get comfortable with them in my old sxi pro. I've got some holds from highroller and also some revs on the way, which ever ones I feel more comfortable in I'll end up throwing in.

Those holds where in there good, the resin seemed like it was a half inch thick in some places. Made for a fun job of prying them out while stuff was drying. O ya and then there were those hidden screws:biggrin:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
I had to remove each foothold at one point or another, pulled loose on both occasions, it was a bitch then also!!!!!!!!!!!!!! left the screws in for extra grab!!!!!! did you destroy them, I almost did the left side or was it the right side!!!!!!! when I removed it to refoam and re-attach...........

you ever sell the pole?

The holds are still intacted. They are pretty heavy but I've got them stashed away for a future project. It seems like they are an earlier batch, made of like chopped cloth. I ended up selling the pole about a month or so ago, overall this project has been fun for me and given me something to look forward to. This site can only entertain me for so long until I actually need to touch a standup.

Did you get the letter that I mailed to you?

Big Kahuna

Administrator
yes I did get it........... yeah, those footholds were from 2002..... grind all the excess adheasive and they still be a good set!!!!!!!!!!! Putting WF holds in my newer hull, not sure I will like them, I loved the 24/7's (except in the surf, they would wear your shins raw if you were not wearing a wetsuit).

Decided to go home this weekend yet again so I could get some work done on the ski. Stopped by Stein's house (aka Highroller) and grab my footholds on the way home from school on friday. The holds are pretty different but exactly what I was looking for. I went right to work on getting them to fit and had to slice them up a little to make them bigger. I finally got everything screwed down and layed the glass down friday night so I could foam it on saturday. It came out pretty strong and just had to put a little 5200 in some spots to put my mind at rest.

More pictures will be coming tomorrow but for now I need to get to bed so I can make it to class in the morning.

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 40
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 56
those look interesting, looks like ya lose some room for foot work but they should hold your feet in arlight.

There is not much room for sure, but I wanted a hold that was tight on my foot and these ones hold my foot down perfect. They are quite comfortable, even when I was testing them out barefoot after I turfed them.

Saturday I didn't want to get out of bed but I figured that the hangover would go away if I was working on my ski. I looked at the glass job on the footholds and it was dry enough to pour the foam. I stood the hull up and started pouring the foam in. It was going good until I noticed a little foam on the ground by the tray. I looked around the back and noticed that foam was coming out of one of the bolt holes for the pump. I grabbed those bolts and threw them in and went on foaming. I let that set and then started playing around with polishing the pipe.

Sunday was turf day and had a blast doing that, well not really.

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 54
  • Picture 011 sm.jpg
    Picture 011 sm.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Well for this weekend it is totally put together. I am building up a new motor and will be posting pics of that build up as it continues. Hopefully this will happen as soon as this semester is over which should be in three weeks. In the meantime I have some pics of a little ride that I went on this weekend.

Attachments

• 102_1883.jpg
    102_1883.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 102_1886.jpg
    102_1886.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 102_1892.jpg
    102_1892.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 114
Top Bottom