My new whip Rhino Lined Tundra

What a white trash uneducated thing to say. <o:p></o:p>
Yes Chevy and Ford is American based but where are all the jobs? <o:p></o:p>
If you want to talk about American jobs then Toyota is more American than any American based Car Company.

I have owned a 97 4runner 4x4, 89 Corolla GTS, and now drive a 99 tacoma 4x4. I will buy and drive toyota for the rest of my life. I just cant wait for a diesel tundra!

I have owned a 97 4runner 4x4, 89 Corolla GTS, and now drive a 99 tacoma 4x4. I will buy and drive toyota for the rest of my life. I just cant wait for a diesel tundra!

Yea, entire family drives Toyota, and my dad said the same thing like you, if they ever sell a diesel Tundra he'd buy it in a heartbeat. Drive an '01 4Runner myself :)

Only problem that has ever happened to it was the fuel pump went out about 6 weeks ago. That's the first problem that has happened to it in owning it for 11 years. Toyota all the way!

IMG_1194.jpg

Last edited:

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
find me any american truck that old and with 230K miles worth that much and running great :) hahah or even just running for that!

Just look in the parking lot where I work. Tons of them, seriously. One guy bought a new '78 Ford 4x4, drives it to work to this day over 30 miles one way, 5 days a week, etc. He lost track of how many times the odometer rolled over so he can't remember if it's in the 300k or 400k range now.

230k in 20 years is just over 11,000 miles/year, not's not a lot. My car has 202k and it's a '00.

hornedogg79

dodgin' bass boats
I bought a 98 tacoma with 116K miles on it. Drove it for 7 years and put 170k additional miles on it. Then I find two tiny holes in the frame and Toyota buys it back from me for nearly what I paid 7 years and 170,000 miles prior. Paid 10,900 got a check for 10,300 directly from Toyota. Could've used the money to buy any brand but why would I switch after receiving that kind of service?. My 1st gen Tundra was built in Indiana. The new ones are built in Texas. That's American enough for me.

Yea, entire family drives Toyota, and my dad said the same thing like you, if they ever sell a diesel Tundra he'd buy it in a heartbeat. Drive an '01 4Runner myself :)

View attachment 164832

yeah ill have to post pic of my old Runner, i pounded on it every chance i got. daily drive during the week then off road on the weekend. 215xxx miles when i sold it and ive seen it for sale a few times on craigslist still going strong. id buy it back but they always ask for more than i sold it for haha. i blew the motor in the corola racing. the thing topped out at 132 mph which is nuts. im nice to my taco now only towing and daily driving now until i get a back up daily driver. its a shame tho, it is perfectly set up for the kind of offroading i want to do.

not a whole lot of love for american cars i guess. i used to work for chevy, at the dealer i worked at we had a coustomer with a cavalier with 750,000 miles(original motor and trans) and a coustomer with a duramax with over 650,000 miles. and my mom's toyata matrix blew the motor with just over 60,000 miles(seriously like 60,050) and toyata said sorry woranty is up at 60,001. also we used to warranty stuff ten years out of warrany for loyal coustomers, part of GM's good will waranty program. I own two chevy pick ups, a 93 with well over 200k and a 2000 pushin 160k still Like a Rock
I love chevys :woot:

and really dislike toyota....

yeah ill have to post pic of my old Runner, i pounded on it every chance i got. daily drive during the week then off road on the weekend.

Yea, this only has 123k on it and we bought it new. Wasn't driven a whole lot until now, drive to school which is 35miles one way 4 days a week. Then in the summer, like you, drive it to work during the week then take it off road on the weekend, or more usually drive 50 miles to the nearest lake towing the two skis. Such a good vehicle, has good power, lots of off road ability, good in snow, can tow stuff, isn't super big, I love the thing.

I love chevys :woot:

and really dislike toyota....

...this might not be the thread for you...

Though I guess we all have different experiences, my parents had tons of bad luck with their american vehicles (never owned a chevy) until they got a Toyota and never went back. Too bad your not a fan of Toyota, but if that's what works for you so be it!

Well I just wanted to show everyone my cool new truck. I honestly don't care what everyone likes. Bc opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

I have a 2010 Camaro SS. and this truck. I have owned a 2006 STI, 2004 Chevy 2500 Crew cab, 2008 F350, a Dodge 2500, Dodge SRT-4, 89 F-150, and a 68 CJ 5. All of them were nice i don't really miss any of them bc i like change. change is good. Unless it sits in the white house. JK JK:starwars: I don't want this to move into politics. Then religion would come and this thread would be locked.

I love Ford's 7.3L diesel my dream truck is a 95-98 F250 extended cab short bed 4x4 7.3L TD Not bashing american vehicles. Toyota is just generally excellent.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Nice truck! I've often thought about rhino lining (or some other coating) on trailer axles, springs etc...
I replace springs every 1.5 years. The trailer is aluminum. (spray bomb undercoating sux)

I hope that your truck was made/assembled on planet Earth. Cause ya know, we gotta support the local economy! lol.

Very Very true ^^^ but if they did sell an all american ski ready to ride i wouldnt dought it many guys would be riding that ski. I have never liked toyota cars/trucks thats why i am against it. I have grown to love Chevy!

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Very Very true ^^^ but if they did sell an all american ski ready to ride i wouldnt dought it many guys would be riding that ski. I have never liked toyota cars/trucks thats why i am against it. I have grown to love Chevy!

The Polaris Octane wasn't very popular.

And for what it's worth, most of my (custom) ski is American made.

Top Bottom