My Niagra footage

As far as I know -- no cameras at the whirlpool. Up there is actually calm. But going back down and Devils Hole are the intense parts.

doubled

octane rider
As far as I know -- no cameras at the whirlpool. Up there is actually calm. But going back down and Devils Hole are the intense parts.
Oh I've seen someone else I guess, do something similar, I've never personally seen the Niagra whirlpool or any other whirlpool for that matter.. but like a black hole in space, I'm not goin' near it:purr:

My little footage is nothing. I just wanted to post it.

I'm pretty sure Malone did a barrel roll there. And I'm pretty sure Paul did also.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
Thanks for posting those Matt.......... That was super cool riding there!

But Dangerous is an understatment!!!! Almost losing Jimmy was a hair rising experiance to say the least. He spent some time with me reciently & we talked about it....... He has only been back on a stand-up a couple of times since, he really doesn't have much desire to ride anymore.....
it shook him up that bad!

If any of you think about doing this,
make sure you go as a group, set up safety teams, Know your abilities!!!!! & always keep in the back of your mind, " this place can kill me!" :bigeyes:

oh yea, take lots of pics for the rest of us!!! video is better! :biggthumpup:

Yup, I did a BR there................ I didn't have the balls to BF it tho! :banghead:

Um. I would say you have the balls. That wave might not be backflippable if you didn't feel it. I have no idea though cuz back then I wasn't even thinking BF yet. Now I am but it sure isn't going to be there:skull2:

djkorn1

kidkornfilms
Site Supporter
I have a ton more Niagara Video. It will be in "Jet Tards IV: The Final Chapter". Matt traveled about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile before I could get to him :scared:and he was stuck in a pissed off little whirlpool. :skull2::skull2: Letting go of your ski there is NOT an option. :skull2::skull2: He was lucky his ski went the direction it did, or it would be gone.

Really reliable powerful boats, hood straps, bilges, scuppers, ropes, loops, helmets and really good lifevests are a must (no wakeboarding vests). It is an amazing place, but definitely, like Paul said, somewhere you can instantly die at any moment. That always has to be in the back of your mind.

Kayakers, forget it. :dunno: I believe only 3 have survived this river. There are also Jetboats to dodge (they don't move for you).

Green is just fast moving river with little to medium whirlpools/rapids EVERYWHERE.

White is Devils Hole class 5+ rapids. Ludacris. Noisy. 90 feet deep. Thats where ya play. Once you get past it, it is similar to green again except that you know what is ahead of you.............and you know what is behind you.

Yellow is instant death I imagine.

Attachments

• niagra666.jpg
    niagra666.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:

aqua

the taco
Green is just fast moving river with little to medium whirlpools/rapids EVERYWHERE.

White is Devils Hole class 5+ rapids. Ludacris. Noisy. 90 feet deep. Thats where ya play. Once you get past it, it is similar to green again axcept that you know what is ahead of you.............and you know what is behind you.

Yellow is instant death I imagine.

man....if the white drawing is class 5+ then the yellow section where the river is white must certainly be death. that is just insane.

Better pics..........

Yellow zone is where you can semi relax and play lookout from some flat rocks. You still have to hang on to your ski and prop yourself back due to the current.

Red is Devils Hole. Giant class 5+ rapids that move back and forth as they wish.

Above that you head up river to the whirlpool and it aint pretty.

Coming back is insane!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• gn1.jpg
    gn1.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 81
  • gn2.jpg
    gn2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 57
  • gn3.jpg
    gn3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Absolutly the craziest place to ride. I prefer not to not wear a helmet there because it is easier to swim/stay above the water and keep your balance without a helmet.

Top Bottom