My pro freeride build

Okay I've already started a post in pwctoday. But I think this build will be more appreciated here since I've noticed you guys are more the freeride people. So here we go.

First up I started this build cause I wanted a nice freeride ski but didn't want to spend a tone of money. Don't get me wrong I would love a q8 sky or a foot rocket but I just can't afford a hull like that right now. So for my build I found a 98 750 sxi pro hull. I know kawis are more built to race and there is tone of post about yami being better truck ski but I like kawi hulls and I got it for a good price.
4evegy7y.jpg

So I was reading some threads about handle pole options. I've noticed a lot of people liking the strength of the rn superjet poles. So after some reading I bought one. This one was cut down 2 inches which will keep me more forward on the ski which I need. So after a little grinding and drilling got it mounted.
I'm using stock superjet steering plate 4 degree bars from hot products. And a cut down 800 sxr pole spring.
puve2e6y.jpg
9u5y3e4y.jpg
ynujasum.jpg

Next up my motor. I bought this motor way before I decided to do this build. I was originally going to put it in my 91 550sx. I decided against that due to the fact that I would want to pump swap it to and really didn't want to get into that much fiberglassing. But anyways i pick this beauty up everything for 450 bucks. It's a yami 701 61x wb motor, ebox, everything needed to drop in and go.
ebuse8y5.jpg
uhahu7y7.jpg
a3utyteg.jpg

Now for the motor install. I know I know a yami motor in a kawi how dare you? Lol. Once again I love kawi hulls. But I like yami power. In my opinion it's more reliable, and there is more of a aftermarket back up for them here. But anyways I got 3/16 aluminum plate from work. Cut out two 4"x18" pieces and got some machine head bolts and mounted them to the hull. Then I'm going to mount some couch mounts to that, cut a 1/4" out of the bed plates and it sits right in.
bygy8y4u.jpg
suqa2yty.jpg
a5aqejub.jpg

Now when I bought the hull there was a layer of fiberglass in the deck that they used the wrong resin to put in, cause it didn't stick. I though they added it for strength but after pulling it up found out there were holes in the deck. Yep that means defoaming fun for me. That suck. It was all soaked. Bought some of Toby's new style 615 footholds. Started fitting.
byqysyty.jpg
vu4asa7e.jpg
6yzyhatu.jpg
u4eny4e6.jpg
avemaquv.jpg
na4a7y7a.jpg
sa6u4ype.jpg

I decided wile I have the deck open this far. I'm going to take this time to add some strength to the hull inside and out. So I'm going to add a layer of carbon fiber to the bottom of the hull, inside the deck, and engine bay. I bought 6k 11oz 2x2 twill carbon fiber. 7yards should do just fine. More pictures of that will be coming soon. Sorry but it's still to cold to lay it up here in Chicago. But here are some pics of the fabric.
6umaqu7a.jpg
6edetu8e.jpg

Coming soon trim set up. I got a nozzle from a 750 ssxi. So I will show you how I do that. Also thinking of adding a layer of blue carbon fiber to the outside and clear gel coat instead of paint. Havnt decided on that yet but think it will look cool and hold up better then scratching up paint. Plus it will as more strength to the handle pole area which 750s' are bad for cracking in that area.

There is what I have so far. Let me know if you want to know more about a part of my build or maybe you have some input that mite help. Just don't be a dick about it it please. I don't mind taking advice but don't treat me like I don't know anything or you think my build is stupid. Just remember to each there own. And you have to work with what you've got.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea I read your build a little wile ago. Not bad the only thing I would of changed is the foam you used. But I get why you didn't change it. Defoaming sucks azz. Lol but yea not a bad job.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Yea I read your build a little wile ago. Not bad the only thing I would of changed is the foam you used. But I get why you didn't change it. Defoaming sucks azz. Lol but yea not a bad job.

Me too didn't know any better at the time.
It has been awhile, but let me know if you have any questions with the conversion.

ehe4ejet.jpg
u2avu4yh.jpg
y3azypav.jpg
vysuja2u.jpg

Finally got her in the sun. Got some more work done. Got my bed plates finished and set the motor in to test fit the coupler. Measured the gaps it's dead balls on perfect. I won't have to use and shims.
epuse8uj.jpg
pa7age7a.jpg

te4ere2u.jpg

So didn't get a chance to work on the ski. The weather was finally perfect to get the other skis out. Had fun on lake lemon.

Speaking of updates. Got to go out last weekend but also finally got my trailer back. Had my brother with his made welding skills. Convert my trailer to a three place trailer.
qu7uqase.jpg
vuhe8ape.jpg
ga2u8eja.jpg

Now I can take the girlfriends seadoo, my 550sx, and when it's finished my pro. The first pic was me test fitting the pro. And no the red 88 550 isn't mine that's my brothers. He used his to mock everything in place.

jugevepy.jpg
2edygaga.jpg
yzuvu4yj.jpg
udepumyq.jpg

But now she is all tore down and I finish getting the graphics off her. Going to take her to a spray booth and clean the poop out of it get it ready for some filler and start laying the carbon fiber.
e6udujyb.jpg

And wile I work on that I'm also making some home made bourbon BBQ flavored jerky.

e3ynehe7.jpg

Oh also took my superjet pole apart. The person I bought it from when he cut it down two inches. He mounted it wrong. He used bondo to glue it together and it was a inch and a half to the right so it was cocked and never would of rode straight. So I layers two layers of carbon fiber in the fiberglass part of the pole to give it strength. And regulars it together with JB weld made for fiberglass and metal. The right stuff to use. And as soon as it's dry I will drill and rivet it.

ga5u6asy.jpg
etypy8ep.jpg

Here you go first layer of carbon fiber not perfect but good. Not bad for my first time with this huge amount of carbon fiber. Now to wait till it dries completely then trim, one more layer of resin then sand an done with the bottom.

unurezuv.jpg
yqajabe7.jpg

Sorry about the crappy pics but I got home did some trimming and this is what I've got. I'm going to add another layer of resin so I can sand it and make it smooth. But yea not bad.

Okay so I'm not done sanding the handle pole but check out the shine I'm getting.
etasuseh.jpg
7apetaru.jpg
5u4enape.jpg

And just cause I'm impatient I had to flip the ski over. Even though I'm not done with the bottom. Cause I wanted to see the progress I'm making. What do you think so far?
7amypare.jpg
u7u8yha3.jpg
2eqy2ede.jpg
rysavu5u.jpg
e4esy2aj.jpg

And don't mind the garage I need to clean it bad.

I know I havnt posted anything in a wile. Chicago has gotten a lot of rain and destroying my house so I've been fixing that.
But I'm still in the middle of sanding the bottom. Finally bought a paint gun to lay a clear coat. Everyone is having problem with there carbon parts getting milky white in the resin after putting it in the water so I'm going to shot clear coat to stop that.
pyqapemy.jpg
by6ege7a.jpg

Also finally got my trailers carpet on. I had the 750 on it to dry from all the wet sanding.
y7a6u4eh.jpg
e3agumam.jpg
a9evarub.jpg

Brother came up last weekend with his ski so we got them on the water for a couple of hours till it rained again.
y5esazej.jpg

Top Bottom