My pro freeride build

Thanks it's not hard to convert it either. The only hard part is figuring how to mount the steering cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

y9a3u2yd.jpg
ugy7ame9.jpg
finally finished sanding the bottom and it's all ready for the clear coat. Started sanding the top deck and hood. Sprayed some high build primer to take some of the little nicks out of it. I'm not looking for perfect just want the ski to look nice.

real sexy. not taking anything off the back? this winter im thinking 4" off of my 750.

I cut a little out of the tray to allow the trim nozzle to farther travel. But I didn't want to go to crazy with this build cause I fell it's just to heavy to turn into a full out freestyle ski. I plan on learning resin infusion to start making carbon hulls. That's when I will get crazy with it. As far as cutting down the hull and adding rocker to the nose and stuff like that.

oh yeah im not adding rocker or anything insane like that. i just want a better free ride for chasing big boats and the great lakes. so i went to a -4 pole. and now im hunting for a stock ride plate to D cut and i have an x2 trim for it but wince im now so far forward i really need to shorten it a little lol.

I'm running a ssxi trim nozzle so I can keep the 80mm exit nozzle. And I have a stock ride plate but I'm going to wait to see how it rides before I attempt to do a D cut. My superjet pole is a -2.

sweet man. i had an extended ride plate with deep grooves in it. handled great but porpouse at speed an was just general unstable for long distance speed run. shortene pole i can cruise 35 controlled all day its awesome. but getting airborn i need some help so we are going to cut her up lol

rusepagu.jpg

Update. I decided to not carbon all the engine bay like I wanted. Figured that was just over kill. But I did do the walls mainly for the bond lines.
a2u7e8es.jpg
ajy4unyj.jpg

Sorry about the pictures. But got her in primer now. I'm waiting for a good day to shot the paint. I also have to finish the hood. I'm going with deep blue metallic for the top deck and hood. Putting clear on the bottom deck and handle pole so you can see the carbon, and doing the tray, rails, and chin pad in lime green hydro turf.

Okay so the sxi pro hull has slowed down. I've had a second thoughts about it and decided to put a 1100 motor in it. Even with everything I cut off and even with no foam in it. The ski is just to heavy for what I'm after. So I'm just going to turn it into a fast ski.

But for all of you who are wondering. What about the 701 motor? Well I got an amazing deal on a 95 750 sxi. Which believe it or not is lighter then my sxi pro. I wasn't going to put this ski together but after going through the box of parts he gave me with the ski. I realized with my 701 motor and a couple of little parts I had I had enough to build a ski. And since I want to use the 701 motor before the end of season I thought why not. So I turf it and cleaned it up and put it together.
ydadeby5.jpg
ase4ehav.jpg
u2ahyrut.jpg
ysunapat.jpg
y4amyhet.jpg
e4uby4yh.jpg
metu8e8a.jpg

My plans for this hull are ride it the rest of the season. Then tear it down, make molds of it to cut up and reshape. And make my own carbon freestyle ski.

4aza3are.jpg
5yge8ure.jpg

Got the 701 powered sxi out today for its first time in the water. And I've got to say the way everyone was talking I wasn't expecting much out of this motor in this hull but this thing was ripping me around like I was a rag doll. And I've only got a stock 15 pitch 650sx prop in it cut back to fit the pump. I was amazed.

Jr.

Standing Tall
Staff member
Site Supporter
so what size sandpaper did you use in between each coat. so you did a total of 3 epoxy resin coats with one clear coat?

old thread, and the OP has not logged onto the X since Apr 2018!
he is probably not going to be much help?
there are tons of user build threads that have lots of glass work info.
So lots of reading and learning potential! Have Fun!

Top Bottom