My Wife's 2006 RN Build

RyanITV

Living on the lake!
holy crap dude that thing is strait PIMPN dude!!!!!!!

Them thrust Scupplers are the :):):):)!
and the footholds!!!! are those thrust holds too?

Yeah, Brian did the hull to spec - even had it painted black. I just asked him in the course of a conversation what he thought of the WCF hull (mostly because of the SXR-style sides of the tray) and he worked me a number I couldn't refuse.

Battery is charging, ski is gassed up - may throw it in the water a bit later after I see just how fast mine will go (GPS speedo on the iphone in a waterproof bag- hahahaha).

RyanITV

Living on the lake!
We've got a winner! The ski hit the water today, with no issues other than the watcon hood seal leaking like mad.

The SS846 is fun - plenty of power, but never overwhelming. My wife explained after her first few minutes: "I'm not afraid of the throttle!!!"

The hull is twitchy compared to the Matrix, for sure. It seems a bit more stable than the 97 RN we sold a month back... probably due to the longer rideplate?

Overall, the build is very light and easy to throw around. I was wondering how her handlepole setup would work (RRP with a bolt spacer and spring) but it seems like the perfect combo for her. It's feather-light, and takes no effort to move around.

All smiles from wifey after her first few minutes on it...

first-ride.jpg

I'm going to double up the hood seal tomorrow and see if I can get it tighter, a new OEM one will be here later this week.

Ryan

RyanITV

Living on the lake!
NICE! I'm getting married next September and I hope my future wife is half as cool as yours seems to be!

Congrats!

Here's a short video of Pete (not my wife - LOL) when he was over last week riding her ski.

I wish we had footage of when he got it stuck on the bottom of the lake - "I found another shallow spot over here!"... LOL

Ryan

Last edited by a moderator:

RyanITV

Living on the lake!
LOL.. that ski rips... you set that up perfect...

I think this was after 2-3 minutes on the ski, based on the timestamp... right afterward I have a vid of you nose down trying a backie with this!

Wait'll you see/ride the red Matrix... it's the perfect middle balance between the pink one and my blue one. Can't wait till we throw that bitch in the surf...

Ryan

Top Bottom