N3vrSat1sfied's 2013 EME Q8 Sky build

smusleh

JetSkiExtrm
2013 EME Q8 Sky

I find that the 2 gallon provides me the right amount of fuel capacity, riding time, and weight. As I usually run out of fuel before the ski does.

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
I find that the 2 gallon provides me the right amount of fuel capacity, riding time, and weight. As I usually run out of fuel before the ski does.

Quite the opposite here. Sometimes our riding spots aren't the closet to the ramps or beach thus we go through a bit of fuel just riding. I hated the 2gal tank as it greatly limited the riding I could do and always worried about running out of gas. If you are worried about the weight just put less gas in, don't limit yourself due to the size of the tank. Put the biggest sucker you can fit in there

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Quite the opposite here. Sometimes our riding spots aren't the closet to the ramps or beach thus we go through a bit of fuel just riding. I hated the 2gal tank as it greatly limited the riding I could do and always worried about running out of gas. If you are worried about the weight just put less gas in, don't limit yourself due to the size of the tank. Put the biggest sucker you can fit in there

I hated when I had a kart tank and lived down in SC. All our riding spots with the Stinkin Salty Jetskiers were a bit of a ride out. I was always worried about running out as well. Flatwater is not as much concern as I am never riding to far away from the launch or w.e.

However, I have been thinking about the 550 tank just because they are inexpensive compared to the Jaz. I know I dont want a kart tank, I cant stand that little tiny hole to add fuel, then you pretty much over pour everytime.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Got the jetmaniac 781 yesterday! A couple more parts and some decent weather and ill be ready to gather some friends and a few beers to get this thing together (I might need a few before I can drill holes in the hull).

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I'm starting to think I should have been putting this together slowly rather than in a weekend. Its stressful trying to make sure I have all the parts/tools needed. I'm sure we are going to run into some complication.

My impeller is on its way back from Skat, Just placed one more order with Jetmanaic, EME, and a few smaller items. Just need to get the Jaz tank from Clouse, pick up chin pad from Shawn, and find an intake grate.

Also need to get my B pipe chamber powder coated/ceramic, so trying to figure out if I should send to a friend to do it on the cheap and pay/wait for shipping, or find someone local.

RivMan

doing something stupid...
Site Supporter
FYI, as of yesterday afternoon, Belleville lake is completely thawed, I don't see any ice out there! Let me know if you want that pipe coated, I've got a bunch of parts for my SXR that I'll probably be hauling over there next week.

-Rob

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Oh and perhaps you will enjoy some two stroke in the kitchen
photo 1.jpgphoto 3.jpgphoto 4.jpgphoto 2.jpg
And the pump
Pump1.jpgPump2.jpg

And why do all my pics show up in the little thumbnail thing? do I have to use photobucket and do it that way if I want them big?

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
-Update:
Going to clean up my carbs this weekend
clear and buff Carbon RRP chin pad
Ordered Skat intake grate
Tbaer has powder coated my Bpipe chamber so I will attach a photo soon.

Going to really get to work on it Next weekend April 13th/14th and hope to get it assembled if all goes well.

RivMan

doing something stupid...
Site Supporter
Belleville lake is wide open, saw a couple boats out today.

Time to get this thing on the water!

-Rob

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
So first thing, Couch Mounts are too tall, Had to us SJ motor mounts. I'm waiting for Ryan@EME to get in the shop monday and see what they have for the driveshaft addapters

Tried a few washers but still to short
IMG_1785.jpg
bottom one is too short and for 18mm driveshaft, top one is long enough but for 20mm shaft
IMG_1793.jpg
IMG_1786.jpg
IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1791.jpg
IMG_1792.jpg

Anybody have some black diamond turf laying around? I have all kinds of scraps but not a piece big enough to do my RRP chin pad. I dont want to buy a full sheet if I dont have to. If you have some, ill buy what i need. Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom