N3vrSat1sfied's 2013 EME Q8 Sky build

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Just checked out your start video...she be sounding good

I noticed the Marine flag...I'm a former Marine

Semper Fi

Hell yea brother. I did 5yrs of active duty, moved home with plans of going back after school with some brass. Finished my degree but ended up working the family business. I was stationed in Beaufort, sc which is when I was riding with Boyer and that crew.

Semper Fi

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Congrats on first water test! Good looking build.

Xmetal scupper works good on my freak, I can hang in the middle of the lake or surf with no worries.

JamesG

Site Supporter
I took one look at my EME scupper and blocked it off LOL. It looked sketchy. I put an aluminum plate there and threaded a ball valve into it. Works beautifully. My bilge rarely gets used, even in big surf. Also, I used silicone in my pump too, and put some heavy duty black yamabond as a top coat to prevent cavitation. It's a bitch to remove but it makes a perfect seal. Feel free to ask me any questions, I have been riding my Sky for a couple seasons in the surf and I still love it.

I recommend hood straps in addition to the ratchet for surf.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
I took one look at my EME scupper and blocked it off LOL. It looked sketchy. I put an aluminum plate there and threaded a ball valve into it. Works beautifully. My bilge rarely gets used, even in big surf. Also, I used silicone in my pump too, and put some heavy duty black yamabond as a top coat to prevent cavitation. It's a bitch to remove but it makes a perfect seal. Feel free to ask me any questions, I have been riding my Sky for a couple seasons in the surf and I still love it.

I recommend hood straps in addition to the ratchet for surf.

Thanks. I think I found the problem. The Carbon piece on the backside was to big and hitting the metal (where the rubber is suppose to seal). I filed it down and now it closes all the way. I have an xmetal flap on the work bench in case this doesn't work out, but it looks like the diameter is to small.

I siliconed, the pump. I talked to Eric yesterday and he told me a trick to get the silicone nice and smooth. So I'm gonna drop the intake grate again and make sure I get a nice smooth seal.

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
The scupper still doesnt seal. I might try the xmetal one I have before next ride.

Got the ski running pretty well, I still think it could be a little cleaner on the punch to full throttle though. It was running well enough, that attempted some flips using the horsehoe wake. Getting em halfway around lol

Here's a few pics from the weekend:
P1010880.jpgP1010886.jpgP1010889.jpgP1010893.jpg

Last edited:

smusleh

JetSkiExtrm
Jordon's ski runs great and it is only a matter of time before he will be back flipping it.

Swanny you have to come out with us next time we go out.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Update: EME sent me a new scupper, I should have it tomorrow. I can post some pics of mine later but on mine the top plate is bowed inward, causing the rubber on the bottom to push out.
I have an Xmetal scupper valve on the bench so when I get the new one from EME I probably will play around with a few different combos to see what will work best. Maybe make a Frankenstein scupper.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
put in the new scupper from EME (no modifications), worked beautifully! Seals very well, and I am no longer worried about stopping in the water.

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Clouse / Bobby said something about us all riding together this weekend... we gonna make it happen?

Not sure what the plan is this weekend, Im sure yall are riding right? I should be free saturday afternoon, or all day sunday.

Swanny gonna have the pump back?

Last edited:

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
Update: All is well been riding about every weekend. Haven't landed a flip yet, havent attempted in a while either. Im planning on working on them at Torch Lake with a couch v wake.

Whats everyone's input to bump up my power, Im pretty happy with it now, but more is always better. So this winter Im thinking TBM flywheel instead of #zero but not sure if thats worth it, Bumping the domes size from 38s to maybe 35s, boring the Bpipe a little more (cant remember where it is at now), and vforce reeds. Any other ideas? and feel free to prioritize that list for me.

1. vforce reeds
2. pipe boring
3. domes
4. flywheel

Update: All is well been riding about every weekend. Haven't landed a flip yet, havent attempted in a while either. Im planning on working on them at Torch Lake with a couch v wake.

Whats everyone's input to bump up my power, Im pretty happy with it now, but more is always better. So this winter Im thinking TBM flywheel instead of #zero but not sure if thats worth it, Bumping the domes size from 38s to maybe 35s, boring the Bpipe a little more (cant remember where it is at now), and vforce reeds. Any other ideas? and feel free to prioritize that list for me.

1. vforce reeds
2. pipe boring
3. domes
4. flywheel

No replacement for Displacement! Time to go bigger ;-)

Top Bottom