Surfriding Narwhal GoPro Camera mount in the surf

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
My buddy called the camera mount a narwhal since it was a huge 3 foot spike out the front of the ski, but I think it cam out really good. Just need to beef it up more, I bent it trying some re entry's at the end of the day

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I know its nothing new, I have seen a few others on the X make similar rigs, and ride better than me lol

227, how did yours hold up to flips? I am to scared to attempt anything with it on the nose of the ski

Speleopower

got a Superjet
I really like the perspective more so than the backpack and helmet cam.
TJ post a pic of the camera mount.
Josh-It probably would not hurt the ski other than a few scratches if it broke apart by hitting the nose hard into the sand. Your more likely to get hurt by the pole and supports if you get tangled up with the ski.

-Scott

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
That ski is sweet. Nice camera setup as well. Do you have any pics of it under the front lip showing how it is attached?

Last edited:

BrightE's

Paul
Sweet dude. I tried to build something similar but it was looking like it was going to cost $100+ for aluminum camera rig gear. How did you attach the pole the ski?

lazyt747

Cool Beanz
It's a pretty cool idea. I think I might give it a shot with a higher strength pole. I might bump it down a bit too on some spacers so that the cable doesn't dig into my turf.

Thanks for the pics. Let me know if you find a stronger way to mount it.

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
I already had the bolts there for my bolt on rails, so it was bent using a hand pipe bender that I had, if I did it by hand it would probably cave in a bit.

I think I am going to use a solid rod, and that will solve my problem, this tubing was thin, but it worked for the time

Props to Gomez's rig, still dont know much about it, but his can hold up to his riding, and make it look good

Last edited by a moderator:

Speleopower

got a Superjet
In the Gomez video at :42 second mark you can see 2 pretty substantial looking tubes on the left and right side of the ski.

Top Bottom