Need a good free antivirus.

goXtreme

Winter Sux
Funny you mention Comcast. I have heard of a bunch of folks that have Comcast and use AVG and it porks their email(Comcast email). Most people strip out the AVG and go with Avira out here, or they just use gmail instead of the Comcast email service. I am not a fan of McAfee myself.

I switched from AVG to Avira the other day...

I called my geek friend and told him that my laptop was starting to run slow and askedhim if he wanted to do a little touchup to it, he told me to uninstall AVG and put Avira on to try it.

Avira found 3 viruses and a trojan that AVG missed and the laptop SEEMS to run a little faster. Malware bytes is also installed.

The bottom line is they are all good but only the user can really avoid viruses/malware/spyware. And I totally agree on the web based email....way safer...

It is really best to just have a few of these programs installed but only one running. I allow AVG to run but I have all of these installed. This way when I scan a customers hard drive I just run whichever program I want and close it when I'm done.

I have one XP Pro machine that has been running for 5 years with ZERO protection and zero viruses. It is simply behind a router and it is only used for banking, business, etc.... And all the BS is disabled......i.e. server, workstation, auto updates, etc.....everything that can be disabled is.

gorilla

There's Always A Light At The End Of The Tunnel !!
avg + spybot together for me.

i hated norton + mcafee !!!
they would take over your computer on startup and not let you do what you wanted to do.
it would takes about 3-4 min for everthing to get it back to normal.

gorilla

Top Bottom