Need a little advice??

Okay....I've been reading thru this forum for a couple of months now. And maybe I jumped the gun :banghead: on buying the SXR and shoulda bought an SJ since I wanna focus all my attention on freestyle/freeride (however that goes). But you cant cry over spilled milk and I do love my SXR. So...on that note. What are the first five things I can do to this puppy to get in in the air like I would want to? Keep in mind that I'm still learning this thing since this is my first jetski ever. But I want to get prepared and get the SXR in the position to where I can pull off these tricks when I'm ready for it. I saw one guy on here that did a butt load of things to his :bigeyes: . But what I want are the main things to get my ski to go up..up..and awaaaaaaaaayyy. Thanks for any help given.

-Randy

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
Team Ramrod,

I love love love my SXR. I really love how it carves, how it brutes through chop and how you can do a throttle-pinned left hand turn without killing yourself.

That being stated, add a SuperJet to your stable.:woot:

Wish I could, but money is tied up in this one. When ya making payments on one its hard to just go buy another. Well atleast for me it is. Thats being said, I gotta make best with what I have for right now. I appreciate the opinion though.

Gainera2582

Power and Agility
Buy a 94-95 squarenose superjet(they have the 701 single carb) for like 1200-1500 range. Most are modded as it is, so youll only need some footholds really. Leave your sxr for general riding, carving, and buoys.

Last edited:

Shonuff

I've got the glow
Site Supporter
You didn't make a mistake.

Evaluate your ski and figure out what weight can be shaved.

ALSO, looke in the mirror and evaluate what weight can be shaved.:biggrin:

Get some footholds, some zero degree bars, and a wet pipe and get to rolling it.

Shonuff said:
You didn't make a mistake.

Evaluate your ski and figure out what weight can be shaved.

ALSO, looke in the mirror and evaluate what weight can be shaved.:biggrin:

Get some footholds, some zero degree bars, and a wet pipe and get to rolling it.

Hahaha...good one(but true)..."look in the mirror" to shave weight. I'm only 180lbs.

Shaving weight here and there sounds like a plan. On top of what you suggested I'll probably get an aftermarket shortend handpole too.

Whats a good light one?

What footholds would you guys recommend for someone with flat feet? Does it matter? My foot size is in between an 11-12.

Would I need a different impellar(sp?) to get better low end grunt?

Do I leave the stock intake grate and rideplate alone?

keep the advice coming if you can!

Thanks!

mosquini

Looking for a fixed steer standup
Im in the same boat as you I have an sxr with a pipe filters scupper and soon to be a bildge and then foot holds. I'm in the market for a -4 handle pole too. if you pin it you can fly. lol :hititbanana:

Top Bottom