Need help choosing..

add says that it is a 92, 650 engine, all stock with new turf. waiting on more pictures right now and not sure about compression ratings or anything like that
btw thanks for all the help guys

You can't go on pricing for a square nose in Ontario from 2 years ago to prices today in Manitoba.

Prices are extremely high here in Ontario but things are selling cause more guys are getting into the sport. A friend of mine was selling stock 650 squares all day long for $2500 last year

I wouldn't be afraid to pay 2500 for a nice clean good shape square...bit more than that is getting to be too much unless it has a 701 and mods. U fortunately where u live will depend on supply and demand for the price, and guys that own stand ups typically are aware of the market and know what they are going for.

That one you just posted looks nice and with a recent sticker kit looks like it maybe we'll taken care of, but it's still a 65o so budget for a 701 next year and a pipe and prop

Just my 2 cents

that ski looks pretty nice man. see if you can go test ride it. If it runs good buy it. You cant put a price on reliability. you also dont want to wait all damn summer to find the best deal. sometimes you have to pay a little more in the spring but that translates into more memories at the lake.

Yup it's a weird market...and when you talk to dirt bike or any other Powersports guys they have no understanding of why skis are so expensive...when you can buy a 2002 dirt bike for like $1500 or a 2002 superjet for 7500 it really is mind boggling

Expensive sport indeed

CRJ

Hibernating
what is more reasonable prices? I figured they were high but everything around here is like that. If it makes a difference i will just be riding on small lakes. tiny waves and boat wakes
I bought my 94 SN 650 for $1400. came with a RN pole, and half the tings on the list of your first. shop around, and talk to locals in other provinces, youll find a good deal.

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
That is weird. Clean 440 sale for around $300 here. I bought a mint, running 550 2 years ago with a custom gel-coat paint job for $350.

Reactions: CRJ
its worth what you are willing to pay for it. we dont know the market in your area. most of us wouldnt pay that but most of us are used to 6 square noses on CL at any given time. Like CRJ said, you can probably talk him down a bit

I was just going to say the same basic thing Wet Dreams said. Your demographic is going to be different from mine or anyone else. I paid less than 2k for a 96 round nose with a 701, fully stock, excellent mechanical condition and still is, with only cosmetic issues. My Kawi 650sx sold for 1200 last year at the end of the year. Ontario has two of the highest priced cities to live in within the country so prices in Ontario will be sickening if you are on the east or west side of the province. In the middle it's not so bad. Actually, Toronto is about 36% higher in cost of living than Winnipeg and when you look at the most expensive cities to live in Canada, the list is first Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Greater Toronto Area, Edmonton, Ottawa. It's not so much supply and demand but rather the average available recreational spending finances in the area. If you want to look into shipping, price out this ski and see what happens. 100 bucks more than the SN I mentioned earlier and a much newer ski...

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/Yamaha/Superjet/PEACHLAND/British Columbia/19_8707875_/?ms=watercraft&showcpo=ShowCPO

http://www.usedboats4sale.ca/detail/Used-1993-Yamaha-superjet/jjjPDWVmDRPKPPRBmVP.html

http://winnipeg.canadianlisted.com/boats-yachts-and-parts/yamaha-superjet-701-00_4069832.html <--- the description on this one is funny lol

Addition: When I found my ski I just started e-mailing all the Yamaha dealers and any place that repaired pwc's within 200 kms if they had or knew of anyone selling a Yamaha SuperJet. Sometimes they are not posted online and you happen to have cash at a time when someone needs it. Good way to score a deal on a ski.

Last edited:
Top Bottom