Super Jet Need help with tuning new build.

D6MX788

D6MX788
Ok so I finally did it, took my bone stock 04 SJ and did some long awaited mods. Besides the basic comfort and control upgrades, I decided to slightly mod the motor. I took my stock 701 and added a Factory Mod B pipe, ADA head with 35 domes, Prok Spark arrestors. I am planning on purchasing an MSD enhancer for it in the couple weeks. Here is where I need the experienced guys. I set the ski up with dual cooling (dont know if its necessary yet but hate doing things twice) I am using a flow control valve. My weekly riding is in eastern PA approx. 200 ft. above sea level with weekend ocean trips. I first am looking for carb settings, and second have been reading about running restrictors in waterlines when using dual cooling , looking for placement and reasons/sizes to use.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I'm running a similar set up to you. You can see my build thread in my sig. I still have a bit of a big if I idle a while but I think my water is is loading up. I have a used pipe with damaged screws so I can't properly tune my pipe, top and mid are closed and bottom is wide open, that is way too much water.

My current settings are 53 pop, 135 main, 75 pilot, bottom screws 1.25, check my build for the top numbers.

You will probably want a lower popoff with the aftermarket filters. I can't give you specs with those.

Sorry, that is the best I can help you.

On your flow restrictors, you just need to keep the engine temp up. If too much water goes through you get a cold engine with hot pistons and it leads to a mechanical (too tight) seize. If you run restrictors, you will one on each of the 2 lines going into the manifold. I can't tell you exactly what kind of temps you are looking for. I doubt with dual cooling you will be too hot, so just stick you hand in the pisser. If the water doesn't make you very uncomfortable due to high heat, you should find more info on restrictors.

Top Bottom