300/440/550 Need some advise for my x-2

I have a 1991 x2 that has a 1996 big pin 750. I have a 650 westcost pipe with a wc head along with wc intake and exhaust manifolds. It also has a single makuni carb It is pretty fast but I am look to get a lot more bootom end for freestyle. Does anybody have any suggestions on what I could do to get the most out of her?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
The problem with a big pin is port timing. They make plenty of power, but it is mostly on top. Probably the best thing would be no rev limiter and bore the nozzle and/or pump cone, to allow the motor to get into the power band quicker. Also v force 2 reeds are supposed to help.

SeaLion

Jet Ski Junkie
More compression too but might have to go to race gas with that. A lower pitch impeller or a nozzle boring will help too.

extreemthrottle

freeride junkie
if you have mechanical experience. i put a factory pipe from a 750sx in my 650sx. not positive but you should be able to make it fit in a x-2. you'll have to modify the chamber some(i dented mine in a little as possible). then cut and rewelded the pipe that hooks to the waterbox. i have to tell you that thing made some great power on that pipe. look in ski buildups for my first $30.00 ski for pics. feel free to pm me for some more detail on how i set it up..

Thanks a lot for the help. I am going to put the v force reeds along with a new prop on asap. I dont know to much about boring the cone out tho so I am going to try and look into that. Also I am not sure if I can get a 750sxi pipe on but I hear a lot of people put a 701 sj factory pipe on. Is that a good idea and does it make a good power gain?

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
SJ pipe is good, but you have to change to a different gas tank. Stick with what you have for now, a Coffmans or Factory pipe might be a little better. The key is more volume. Have a prop made like Leggdragger and I have, its the best money you will spend. Mine is a 12/17, and Pete runs a 14/19 with his big bore 820. They are custom made through Jetskimechanic.com . We both run pump cones and bored nozzle's, mine is at 85mm. Wetwolf.com has the cone, and look for an aftermarket nozzle.

Attachments

• 100_4624.jpg
    100_4624.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 100_4624b.jpg
    100_4624b.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
More compression too but might have to go to race gas with that. A lower pitch impeller or a nozzle boring will help too.
deffinatly bump your compression up ,just stay in the pump gas zone ! its an easy bottom end gain , makes eng much snappier !!! costs about 35 $ plus a headgasget

john zigler

Vendor Account
all of these are good ideas.

here are a few more..

make sure your carb is a 46mm
you may want to switch to an earlier 750SX cyl. it has lower port timming, and will give much better bottom end.
put in a timming advance, and light weight alum charging flywheel.

a good pipe is key.

zig

Legdragger

Bringing it back
You don't need a custom tank to get the pipe to fit, I just like to do things the hard way. A heat gun will make it possible to deform the plastic tank to fit the pipe in. Go with the Mod chamber from the SJ. My buddy just got one new for $630 shipped from Factory Pipe. Then he sold the manifold that cam with it for $75 so it isn't that bad a deal to get a new Sj B pipe.

x2yel.jpg

V Force reeds are good too.

Jetting for the Single Mikuni, V Force reeds, and B pipe is 100 low, 152.5 high, 2.5 needle/seat and the shiny spring for 15.5 pop off pressure. Might be a little different without the big bore but this might give you a starting point.

Last edited:
I running a coffman's pipe on my small pin motor and I got a very noticeable difference on the bottom end when I went with a aluminum flywheel and a timing advance plate. I 'm also running a 13/18 prop with the wetwolf cone.

Hey one of the other questions that I have is. I was told that kawasakis do not have good luck when you put an ignition enhancer. Is this true, or doe they run well with them? Also is there a certain brand I should look at?

Fletch

AKA Gordon Liddy...
I can't believe no one has recommended a lightened flywheel yet! That will give you a huge gain in bottom end.

-F

Fletch

AKA Gordon Liddy...
Scratch that. I missed Zig's post.

But seriously - you'll way more of an improvement with a lightened flywheel as compared to a set of reeds...

-F

Legdragger

Bringing it back
It is hard to find a good aluminum flywheel that won't shatter. The only one that I haven't broken yet is my steel hub Jetnetics flywheel. My buddy just took of his all aluminum one because it was spider cracking.

Top Bottom