Need some help with AV gas

I recently bought some Maxima 927 Castor oil, and five gallons of 100LL, mixed it up and left it to sit for a day. Today i finished putting my ski together and went to fuel it up, but i checked the gas first, turns out the oil settled out of the gas and is sitting on the bottom of the tank.

Ive been doing some reading it seems like AV gas specifications require a low vapor pressure, so the fuel doesn't boil due to the low pressure at altitude. As a result, most of the more volatile hydrocarbons are distilled out.

before i write off the 5 gallons of fuel, Im wondering if i mix this 50/50 with premium if the castor oil will stay in suspension. Anyone use 50/50 mix with castor 927?

From what I read on another forum, you have to add about 10% pump gas to increase the specific gravity of the 100LL to get it to mix with castor oil.
Castor oils seem to separate from any with a specific gravity lower than 0.730 @ 60ºF.

yeah im pretty sure its the castor, it even says "may separate with some AV gas" on the bottle. I will probably try a different oil next time.
supposedly i only need 92 octane, but pump gas can be sketchy sometimes. 50:50 mix should do fine for me.

Top Bottom