Freestyle Need some Help??????????

I-LOVE-WATER

want to fly high
Hey guys heres the deal I am wanting to get into flatwater freestyle and I need some help. I am wanting to do flat water stuff. I dont reall know of a budget. But what r some hull opitions? Motor? Exhaust just need some ideas

steve-uk

Manners cost nothing
basic, lowest cost way to start is a stock round nose, add foot holds, a b-pipe and maybe a better ignition

this will give you a great starter ski

there are some good skis in the forsale section right now around the $4000 mark with these mods and more done

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Ask yourself what you want to do and what your budget is.
I'd probably get a 701 SN or RN if I were you. No sense in going aftermarket at your age, unless you got an inheritance to burn.

chadman154

#Itsonlymoney !!!!!
6k wont buy you a bob. Im looking at them right now, 9-11k minimum (used). Look @ a rn sj. you can get one for around 4k with all the mods you need to start and you can put the 2k in your pocket for gas money and trips to the lake.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
lets say a budget of 6000

That will buy you a very nicely built, used RN. It would be an excellent choice to get started. I'd drop that budget by $500 and buy some quality riding gear (wetsuit, helmet, shoes, PFD) and maybe a couple of DVD's.

chriselmore_1

high on resin
just be careful getting more boat than your skills can handle. a short boat with a huge motor is a handfull for even experienced riders. i remember my first rideon a 1000cc 10mill boat...

just get a RN SJ. i just picked up a bone stock one for 3g. you can throw a Pipe. a Hooker Prop from IMPROS 9-15 pitch. Get a Worx 201 Grate, And pick up either a MSD Enhancer or EPIC ignition from ATP. and a ADA girdled head. footholds and turf and youll have a nice ski. or if you can find one in you price range with all that done nows the time of year to buy.

I can say dont buy a kawi, Its a great ski dont get me wrong. I went into this sport about 2 years ago with the same thoughts and bought a super clean 02 sxi pro and started pouring money into it and its gonna take alot more to make it a flatwater ski. I rode a modded rn one time and realised the the benefits of their light weight and bottom end performance right away. I do like the way the kawi rides at highier speeds but it just seems like a much better racer than a freestyle ski. I figure at this point I'll just tough it out and stick to it, it will just make me be a better rider in the end.

Top Bottom