Need some thoughts...Please give opinions

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
Should i or or shouldnt i run my stock gp800 in my fx-1.
I bought a gp800 that needs a rear crank seal and new pistons and rings. After I sell the hull and everything else I don’t need I will have a 800 engine for free. I have a freestyle fx-1 hull that was built to run the 144 pump. My goal is a flatwater backy…. I have the trim system too.
I will prob be cutting the hull back alittle as well.

Should I run the gp800 or a very ported 701?

Any thoughts would be wonderful, more the better… thanks

BROSS

The future right here
I am at the same place you are, I have a ported 701 with all the goodies and am thinking of going to a 800, just its all so new. I'm scared of the weight issue, but with 40 to 50 extra hp under the hood, may not be a issue(riding flatwater). I wish there was more feedback, come on people...........

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
Knowing Greg that means adding 10%! :twak:
His boy and my son ride Kawis together and take turns on the B1 while
Greg and I hang at his Tiki bar at the lake:beerchug:

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
. . . yeah and I am P.O.ed that I never got my act together
and went down and rode LKN
other than when I bought my SN off Kurt in March
BBBRRRRRR

LIVE2RIDE Powersports

Live & Die 2 Ride
Im going to run the wdk exhaust. Isn’t that the only one that fits the fx-1 hull with a 800? I heard many opinions like, to much power for small fx-1 hulls, not enough bottom end, and very very squirlly, shiit I already ride fx-1’s how much worse can it get…..

CoreyLKN

LKN Freestyle Militia
You just might get the Greg Core discount, HA HA let me know.

Knowing Greg that means adding 10%! :twak:
His boy and my son ride Kawis together and take turns on the B1 while
Greg and I hang at his Tiki bar at the lake:beerchug:

I'm so mad I missed the tiki bar this summer...

. . . yeah and I am P.O.ed that I never got my act together
and went down and rode LKN
other than when I bought my SN off Kurt in March
BBBRRRRRR

Way to get off topic guys.:biggrin:

Anyways, i say just run the 800. Sounds like it could be alot of fun to ride.

tricky1

XXX
Who did the 144 pump mod? If you are still running the OEM intake duct (pump shoe) I would not recommend anything larger than a 701.

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
If you want a real handful of a ski, then the 800 is your ticket. An FX-1 with a Gp platform is a lot of boat, ask Bonzai Bob. But if your goal is to do a flatwater backy, then it is your only budget choice. It will not happen with anything less than a Lamey stroker 62t. And that will cost a lot more than a 66e platform. Simply do the math of horsepower to weight. The lower the number the better, it is that simple. And if someone is going to tell you that a stock stroke, big bore, 62t will hold a candle against the stock 66e, then they have never ridden a stock 66e in a stand up. That is my two cents. Oh, and if you decide to sell that 800 motor, I will buy it now. My number is 541-231-6069.

Jeff

Top Bottom