Need some thoughts...Please give opinions

If you want a real handful of a ski, then the 800 is your ticket. An FX-1 with a Gp platform is a lot of boat, ask Bonzai Bob. But if your goal is to do a flatwater backy, then it is your only budget choice. It will not happen with anything less than a Lamey stroker 62t. And that will cost a lot more than a 66e platform. Simply do the math of horsepower to weight. The lower the number the better, it is that simple. And if someone is going to tell you that a stock stroke, big bore, 62t will hold a candle against the stock 66e, then they have never ridden a stock 66e in a stand up. That is my two cents. Oh, and if you decide to sell that 800 motor, I will buy it now. My number is 541-231-6069.

Jeff

What are trying to buy up all the 66e's out there :haha: If you want more power than you will ever need go with the 800 with the 144 pump. We poured tons of cash into the FX-1000 trying to get what we wanted out of a 62t motor. Just mod it once and be done with it.............IMHO

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
I put the alum SJ pump shoe in my fx and it made a big difference. I just cut up an old SN but kept the pump cavity to put in the FX (winter project). I think the 800 motor would need something similar. To move that volume of water (with the 800) I think your going to have to open up the whole pump cavity, not just the shoe, to get the power to the water. Mabet a mag pump also.

If you have the motor, do it. Just make sure you can get that power to the water.

And let me take it for a spin when your done. :veryhappy:

Top Bottom