Need somebody to foam my SJ!!!

fittyx2

I'm bringing X'y back
see, I'm really not into any freestyle, it's more just my 'standup' I ride. Sure, it's my baby, but I'm not about to go modding it to hell. I never ride it hard and I would probably never use footholds.

I've never seen a kawi get soggy..

-Scotty

I went that route also but I didn't reinforce anything. I have never been in the salt water so I am not going to beat my hull like the surf guys. But we will see how my test goes on a 96 hull. If she cracks up then I will fix it and reinforce when it does. But my theory is... the sides of the hull has no reinforcement in front of the bulkhead so why should my ski need it behind the bulkhead. Also the lake I ride on has an average depth of 12 feet so if she goes down you can find it easily. Plus it is insured for almost double what I have in it. Wish me luck.

If you want to learn roles, you will destroy that hull over time..... one layer of 9oz kevlar was not enough for me, not even for flatwater.... I suggest reinforcing before learning roles.... or you will loose all integretity in the hull/ once it is cracked bad, you have to build it up much more.... It is best to reinforce before it too late....

Also, often times the tray area of my boat takes the most beating during roles.... ever seen a SJ hull were the back is all sucked in? The foam holds the fiberglass together.... without foam, or a quality reinforcement.... you will have a blowout! :crazy:

Been there.... done it.

Top Bottom