Super Jet Need to land a barrell roll! Any constructive criticism welcome

freestylegeek

waiting...
Your set-up wave is not the best direction for your roll. Since you're rolling left, you should use a left hand set-up wave.

current%20set-up%20wave.JPG

More importantly, you need to learn how to 'bronco' first. A bronco is the motion of a barrel roll, but the second half is underwater. Start with a series of 's' turns to get a feel for the rhythm. Basically, you'll go left, right, HARD LEFT roll, then finish underwater. Once you get this figured out, THEN move on the the set-up wave and get your timing. There's plenty more advice once you get to that point, but get the broncos first.

jetkid

Paul Lambers
all good points so far. also take a look at the video at 10 sec. your body is off to the right hand side of the ski and your not over your bars. try and take a bite out of the gas cap. Your stabs look good. also do a little search, there is a lot of info on BR.

Bobert540

Site Supporter
If you watch closely you can see you only turn the bars maybe halfway. You want to make sure you feel the thunk, also practice your setup wake as noted above......Good luck and keep trying!!!!

Lucaumpits

RIDE LIKE U'VE STOLE IT!!
your set up wake sucks, make sure u got quick steering on that ski
and watch this vid over and over, it seems hard at first, but when u get, you will like.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i see these films i want to go riding , but i am new to the jetski things and last month i did buy a 08 superjet with a 0 degree handle bar and a bilge pump . but when i will try these barrel rols in the future , what updates do i need for the ski ???? i do not want to update my motor yet , but with an impeller and a factory pipe ,will that do the trick ???

thanks marcel

As stated before you need to work on your setup wake. ounce that is consistent then keep practicing until everything becomes a habit then the last thing you will have to make a conscious effort to do is turn the bars till they stop and lean forward a little.
More momentum would also help, But the setup wake is your first hurdle.

practice, practice, practice

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
rotate your finger throttle down a good bit (7oclock position). This will make you lean over your pole because it will be uncomfortable to ride if you dont.

So what all should be done to your ski to pull this off? A stock motor can do this? I have a 2004 superjet basically stock besides a ride plate intake grate and freestyle cone. What other mods should be in my future? Ive been reading shortened handle pole? quick steer? 0 degree bars? Anything else? Im planning on getting a 9/15 impro hooker impeller next...any suggestions please?

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
So what all should be done to your ski to pull this off? A stock motor can do this? I have a 2004 superjet basically stock besides a ride plate intake grate and freestyle cone. What other mods should be in my future? Ive been reading shortened handle pole? quick steer? 0 degree bars? Anything else? Im planning on getting a 9/15 impro hooker impeller next...any suggestions please?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=thread+jacking&l=1

Top Bottom