New 760 probelm

Ok I finally got my 760 running but i still dont know if I fixed the problems I had until I put it in the water. but I had it running and it stalled and when I went to start her back up nothing happened. It is like there is no battery in it. I checked the terminals they are nice and tight and the battery is fully charged. what might be my problem now?

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Check the ground to the ebox, I had the exact same problem in FL. (I swapped relays, and the start/stop, and it still did nothing). Ebox to stator wire broke internally, but looked fine on the outside. Make sure you have continuity from EBOX grounding point to the neg terminal.

Last edited:
iam having the same problem i just changed my starter relay and put in a new ground cable from the baterrie to the starter and checked the power line to the starter and still my relay clicks

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
the grounds have good connection but are they all in the rite spots :Thinkingof_:how do i jump the relay. and what is the b+ post the taller one

Stick a screwdrive between the (2) pos posts on the relay. It will spark and should crank the motor. Do this for a second, and then see if the start switch works. My kawi relay would always get stuck in the spring then come back to life after a few starts.

Stick a screwdrive between the (2) pos posts on the relay. It will spark and should crank the motor. Do this for a second, and then see if the start switch works. My kawi relay would always get stuck in the spring then come back to life after a few starts.

well i tried that and it didnt start the motor it just sparked and heated up th screw driver besides it a brand new relay. should their be a ground hook mounted to the relay with one of the red cables. does any one have a pic or maping of how the electrical box should be laid out.

not good sounds like a bad starte. you just directly applied power to the starter. either that or your battery is dead.

What he said. Bum starter. You just shot power direclty to the starter, and no dice. Will the engine spin over by hand if you rotate the coupler? As long as the engine spins freely, the starter is your problem.

well the motor wont spin if i try from the coupler so i will take out the stater and see what happens. when i hook a test light up to the relay i have power on the one peg and no pwoer on the second peg even when i hit the start switch, its a brand new relay but maybe its a dud:confused:

Top Bottom