New 760 probelm

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
well the motor wont spin if i try from the coupler so i will take out the stater and see what happens. when i hook a test light up to the relay i have power on the one peg and no pwoer on the second peg even when i hit the start switch, its a brand new relay but maybe its a dud:confused:

You bypassed the relay (by jumping it) and the motor still didnt turnover. Not saying that the relay is good or bad, but you have another problem besides the relay right now. You cannot turn the coupler by hand? Try removing the plugs and seeing if the coupler will spin. Did you have the flywheel off recently?

You bypassed the relay (by jumping it) and the motor still didnt turnover. Not saying that the relay is good or bad, but you have another problem besides the relay right now. You cannot turn the coupler by hand? Try removing the plugs and seeing if the coupler will spin. Did you have the flywheel off recently?

no the last time i touched the motor was 4 months ago when it stalled out on me. i tried to get it to to start agian but it would just turn over. actully mark did a new crankthis year about 4 rides before she went down

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
So your saying that the motor itself is locked up? (Coupler will not spin?) Not good. Did it have water in when you sunk it 4months ago?

Last edited:
So your saying that the motor itself is locked up? (Coupler will not spin?) Not good. Did it have water in when you sunk it 4months ago?
yea not good is rite shawn here is hat i found when i took my motor a part:261:
may10th08395.jpg

may10th08398.jpg

may10th08400.jpg

may10th08401.jpg
:thumbsdown:

Top Bottom