New arrival to our fleet!!

showmepro1200

ISJWTA Member #007
Went and checked out a 2001 RN today - darn if it didn't stowaway in the back of our pickup truck....

It's a bit dirty but for the smokin price and all the goodies (check the pics) we don't think we did bad at all.

Attachments

• IMG_0799.JPG
    IMG_0799.JPG
    126.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0805.JPG
    IMG_0805.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 105

showmepro1200

ISJWTA Member #007
It's gonna take a ton of cleaning first before we decide on what to do. The items I see at this point...

Worx Dominator rideplate w/d cut in it
Protec intake grate
Protec drop nozzle (manual lever on left side of handlebars)
Protec exit nozzle
12-vein stator (Protec make these? Riva?)
Looks like a Skat swirl prop, dont know pitch yet
Riva carbs, anyone want to tell me about them? Very large throats
Protec (?) pipe? Again, anyone want to elaborate on this?
Protec sponsons (one is broken we find now, no biggie)

Havent looked in the e-box yet, but I bet I find something aftermarket there too.

Body is good, just tons of goo from long-gone stickers that were pulled off.

Oh, and the cylinder has "DBP" initialed in the front side. I can't remember who this is but I have seen it before?? I'm guessing this is a porting job by someone - anyone know??

crammit442

makin' legs
It's gonna take a ton of cleaning first before we decide on what to do. The items I see at this point...

Worx Dominator rideplate w/d cut in it
Protec intake grate
Protec drop nozzle (manual lever on left side of handlebars)
Protec exit nozzle
12-vein stator (Protec make these? Riva?)
Looks like a Skat swirl prop, dont know pitch yet
Riva carbs, anyone want to tell me about them? Very large throats
Protec (?) pipe? Again, anyone want to elaborate on this?
Protec sponsons (one is broken we find now, no biggie)

Havent looked in the e-box yet, but I bet I find something aftermarket there too.

Body is good, just tons of goo from long-gone stickers that were pulled off.

Oh, and the cylinder has "DBP" initialed in the front side. I can't remember who this is but I have seen it before?? I'm guessing this is a porting job by someone - anyone know??

Dallas Baker Performance. Pro Tec.

Ottis

lamey powered
looks like factory dry pipe, and skat-trak magnum pump 12 vien, hope it's a 144, nicely equiped, someone spent some major coin for that stuff

2006superjet

just one more part....
?

that magnum got over 1k on fleabay
is it a worth 1k really a big improvment
HOW Muchhh>

a-borat2.jpg

showmepro1200

ISJWTA Member #007
The carbs are Billet Carbs that Buchshot made for Riva.....These are not the same as regular buckshots

I roughly measured the throats and it looks like 48, would that be correct? What kind of carb kit would I get for these or do I have to go to Riva or Buckshot?? Says Riva ProSeries on them.

Also, tentatively plan on pulling the head tomorrow to get a better look at the cylinders, and hopefully to see something on the domes to tell me what size these are (maybe stamped on it?) so I know if I can get by with the same 91 octane I'm told to use on my RN with ADA head and 35cc domes. Am I off base here?

Checked the pipe again - yeah it says Factory on the manifold down under the chamber. Split coupler found too.

I roughly measured the throats and it looks like 48, would that be correct? What kind of carb kit would I get for these or do I have to go to Riva or Buckshot?? Says Riva ProSeries on them.

Also, tentatively plan on pulling the head tomorrow to get a better look at the cylinders, and hopefully to see something on the domes to tell me what size these are (maybe stamped on it?) so I know if I can get by with the same 91 octane I'm told to use on my RN with ADA head and 35cc domes. Am I off base here?

Checked the pipe again - yeah it says Factory on the manifold down under the chamber. Split coupler found too.

i would guess theyd use a standard super bn 44mm rebuild kit

nice ski..... i didnt see how much you paid.... how muchie?

showmepro1200

ISJWTA Member #007
I really didn't attempt to start it, did run compression and it showed a bit low at first but it got much better with a little bit of fog oil and a few more turns over. The guy said it was running when he last used it, he just couldn't ride it, it would jump out from him when he tried (very new to it). I may try to very briefly fire it tomorrow, but not long at all. This thing has been sitting for 2-3 years.

We figured even if it didn't run we can afford to get it going, esp since we got it for 2300.

Top Bottom