300/440/550 New battery cables.

Snackem

Danger Zone
Anyone out here ever had to replace the battery cables on you ski? My 93 X2 is going to need a new negative battery cable. I went to hook it up last night and the connection broke off the end. I'm going to get a new connector today so that I can take it out tonight but there is not a lot of 'extra' cable there. Is there a certain type of cable that will hold up best with the type of use that a ski gets?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Ideally, you'd want marine grade battery cable. Pick up any battery cable from NAPA or Schuck's though...it'll work.

keefer

T1
Boaters World has them.

http://www.boatersworld.com/product/199325515msk.htm

When I replaced a bad ground cable on a B1 I used to have, I just bought a cheap battery cable from an autoparts store of the same guage and length. I then bought a couple of tinned marine grade ends and soldered / heatshrunk the ends. Viola, good as new. I probably spent as much as just buying one pre made but I already had the tinned ends and it was quicker to just make it up rather than wait on one to be shipped.

Snackem

Danger Zone
Thanks I just went to Napa and bought a couple of new ring terminals. I think that those will 'hold' until I winterize the ski and really start to work on it. I plan on buying two new marine grade cables this winter.

gj_fx1

X-H2
Boaters World has them.

The trouble with that, as well as auto store cables, is the lugs are too big.
They will work, but its better/neater to have the right size lugs.

I just noticed that genuindealz will make up custom assemblies for you..

Believe it or not, check car audio shops as well. They have high strand count wire that is really flexible, plus you can get terminal ends in so many different sizes you should be able to find some to make it work. Most are gold plated for the BLING too.:biggthumpup:

I have been using this stuff for years with no problem, I just put dielectric greas on all connections and they have held up great.

djyox

Old school -not by choice
Believe it or not, check car audio shops as well. They have high strand count wire that is really flexible, plus you can get terminal ends in so many different sizes you should be able to find some to make it work. Most are gold plated for the BLING too.:biggthumpup:

I have been using this stuff for years with no problem, I just put dielectric greas on all connections and they have held up great.
Word, I use this stuff too.

Top Bottom