New Engine Questions

Patentcad

Well ain't that cute?
Just bought a 760 ported engine, and am wondering a few things

1. Can I take the head off without having to replace the gasket?
2. I bought dual carbs with it, and included was the stock manifold, but the two don't fit, the screws dont line up! I know that there is some type of space that goes between the manifold, and the carbs, but I need to know what its called
3. Wheres a good place to buy a few gaskets?
4. How do you tell if the porting was done well?
5. How can you tell the pistons brand?
6. I am buying a electric bilge, do I keep the old pump driven strainer bilge? Do i just put a cap on the pump?

Last edited:

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
What kind/aftermarket/oem of dual carbs do you have?
We recommend the Boyesen Rad valve intake manifold setup complete.
Pistons come in cast and forged, Yamaha, SBT, WSM, and Pro-X all have replacement cast pistons, Wiseco offers forged pistons and also makes them for other suppliers like Riva, Group K, R & D, and I'm sure others too. We have Wiseco Piston custom make our X Scream big bore pistons to fit our cylinder kits.
Porting can be tricky, the engine needs to be setup around the porting.
Race porting sometimes require racing high octane gas, aftermarket ignitions, big aftermarket high volume carbs, special pump setups, etc, etc,. Recreational engines mostly run on pump fuel and not all of the race parts that the race ported engine requires.

Patentcad

Well ain't that cute?
What kind/aftermarket/oem of dual carbs do you have?
We recommend the Boyesen Rad valve intake manifold setup complete.
Pistons come in cast and forged, Yamaha, SBT, WSM, and Pro-X all have replacement cast pistons, Wiseco offers forged pistons and also makes them for other suppliers like Riva, Group K, R & D, and I'm sure others too. We have Wiseco Piston custom make our X Scream big bore pistons to fit our cylinder kits.
Porting can be tricky, the engine needs to be setup around the porting.
Race porting sometimes require racing high octane gas, aftermarket ignitions, big aftermarket high volume carbs, special pump setups, etc, etc,. Recreational engines mostly run on pump fuel and not all of the race parts that the race ported engine requires.

Well, I bought dual 44s, this means the big hole at the bottom measures 44mm right? The seller stated that the engine was rebuilt by riva, and they put in brand new 84.5mm wisecos. But when I look inside the exhaust mani, I see that the pistons have a curved top, and a little dot in the middle, with a diamater of around 1 cm. Are those wisecos? And I appretiate the recomendation for the mani, but im short on cash after buying the motor, would it be better to just buy the aftermarket mani, or just stick to the stock? Basicaly is it worth it?

Top Bottom