New footholds for 25mm pad

tom21

havin fun
I am about to redo my footholds and refoam mainly because I hate my footholds and how the turf took most of the room out of em. I refuse to put 25mm pad in and then sand it down to 5mm. so I made something I can get my foot into with room to have 25mm pad and turf on the bottom AND turf on top with room to spare. now I can add pad or just a few layers more turf to get just the right grip and have a cushioned top. they are wider and deeper as well.

I mocked em up on a board so when guys stopped by at Daytona they could kick in. It was hilarious cause everybody looked at me like "ok dude I have put my feet in holds before." but when they kicked in and you explained it was full 25mm pad and turf. you could see the light go on.

Anybody who did happen to test em who could offer an opinion, I would be appreciative.

still have to do a final fitment on my ski to make sure I have em exactly how I want em and then its done.

150.00 shipped

Attachments

• foothold (Small).JPG
    foothold (Small).JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 833
  • foothold1 (Small).JPG
    foothold1 (Small).JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 701
  • foothold25 (Small).JPG
    foothold25 (Small).JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 799
  • foothold4 (Small).JPG
    foothold4 (Small).JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 675
  • foothold13 (Small).JPG
    foothold13 (Small).JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 844
Last edited:

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
Holds look good. I had the same issue with holds, as soon as i padded and turfed, too small. I run diggers, the last set I just cut the bottom off of and raised them up high. W/o turff it looked too big, but 25mm pad top and bottom, perfect.

Attachments

• tray2.jpg
    tray2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 753
  • tray5.jpg
    tray5.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 653
  • 086.jpg
    086.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 867
Last edited:

tom21

havin fun
Tom, those look really good.
How thick are you laying them up?
Can you post a pic of the uninstalled holds by themselves (as they will arrive in the box)?

3 layers of 10 oz and 2 layers of 3/4oz chop. maybe a little much but at least I won't have to worry about it being too thin. I'll get pics tonite.

Watty

Random Performance
This is a good idea....I never thought there was enough room, so I did the same.

I also squared off the bottom corners inside the foothold so the turf and underpad sit in there better without rounding up.

i may have to get a pair of those tom i tested in daytona and they were nice i need them to land the back flip il give you a call and stop by the shop when im ready

Top Bottom