new guy needs help on mod's

95_waveraider_riverrunner

hobbies:lacrosse-n-ski's
alright, new to the forum and i have a 1995 waveraider deluxe (701T motor) that is bone stock other than open K/N air filters and a solas impeller, and the motor is new from SBT. I was wondering what mods i could do to it (inexspensive) to get the speed up? i dont need a racing bike, just somethin to screw around on and squeeze some speed out of it.
thanks
Brian

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
mill the head to increase compression and get your flywheel lightened, maybe $100 total for both for a good acceleration increase.

Dont know anyone that could help me out on that, no one i kno has a machine shop, and i really dont want to take the motor out right now, its only been 14 hours (hourmeter) since i wrestled the damn thing in there.
any suggestions are appreciated
Brian

groupk
jr.magoos
protec

and probably a few more that I can't think of right now can help you out with that stuff.

You could also add a pipe, probably one of the most noticable additions you could make. But if your not looking to rip anything a part than you should probably just stay happy with it the way it is.

I'm going to say that it won't work. The manifold would be different and the pipe is set up for a lot more cc's than you have. You would probably end up spending more in the long run IF it was even possible. There aren't too many cheap mods to be done without getting into the motor and doing the work yourself. The head and flywheel are good suggestions. Pump cone? Keep an eye open for a pipe that is made for what you have. You should be able to find something for less than $200 if you look. Raiders have been around awhile so there should be some dead one getting parted out. Check ebay and do multiple searches under both the jet ski name and the engine size
Good luck
Garrett

best thing you could do would be to save up for an 1100 motor which will drop right in.......1100 motor = 110 HP and will make that raider faster than yoiu ever wanted it to be...

oh, and put a top loader intake on it to cure the famous (or notorious) yamaha left hand hook

The skii is running a solid 56mph on the GPS at 1/3 tank of gas and me riding it. so i doubt its losing that much speed, i cant exactly afford a new motor for it since this is my back-up ski and im buying a new motor for my 1997 sea doo XP. for now i just want this thing to be a little faster so it can compete out at the river.
thanks again for the suggestions
Brian

Top Bottom