300/440/550 New guy trying to figure out whats wrong or is it normal

rolltidez71

86 JS440
I am new to site and to the sport. From most of the research I have done I can't find anything in my realm of problem. It's not a standup issue or the basic, I am just trying to figure out,; is it something wrong with my ski when I am going straight and turn the bars right or left it does nothing, just keep cruising forward. I looked at linkage under the bars and its connected but still only way I can turn is lean but it's almost impossible to complete cause jet is just shooting straight and not with my turn.

Here is what I am riding if that's needed to help
86 js440
Kerker exhaust
Westcost velocity stack intake
Generic aftermarkets handle bars/grips
Generic aftermarket Finger throttle

Any advice would be very appreciated and glad to have finally got one. Counting the hours till i get off work to go back and practice.

rolltidez71

86 JS440
ALRIGHT!!! After posting this, I just had to go back and look over again, because I am pretty mechanic savvy and it just seemed like I was missing something simple. Well low and behold there is two bolts on the steering linkage assembly, 1 that holds the actual bar that connects to the plate and guess what another that connects the bars to that plate as well...and there it was...a missing bolt that held the bars to the plate!!!!

Have to take some credit...i was somewhat going in LARGE circles with no steering lol

Ive had my steering cable end kink more than 5 miles upriver. I had no steering to the right the entire way back, was pretty intense.

Glad you got it fixed

Top Bottom