New ignition, new overheating issue!

J..

So, I had a cursed ing system with one problem after the other, gave up on it and installed a completely new one from jet maniac including everything. The only thing different was the addition of a MSD enhancer.

First ride out, perfect. Electrical issues gone and a bit more power to boot. Second ride, same. Third ride and after pushing it hard on flat water for 30 mins it bogged down. Put my hand under the pisser and it was boiling hot. Idled it round for a min and took off again, back to normal. Pretty much from there on its progressively just got worse to the point of 20 secs with the arse bogged working the engine hard on flat water and it loses power like its about to seize.

I installed dual cooling. It didn't do a thing even though there's now twice as much water coming out. I was thinking it must just need a tune, could be a bit lean up top, but if that was the case why would it progressively get worse?

Anyways, any ideas would be much appreciated!

Engines a 701, 38s, 33cc head, b pipe, MSD.

J..

Yes same plugs, same everything. Starts and runs just fine apart from overheating. Guess I'll need to look at retuning it.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
Are you sure you have the dual cooling routed correctly?

Otherwise clogged cooling line somewhere?

J..

All good fellas, Watty gave it a good tune on the weekend and turns out it was too lean up top for the advance of the MSD. Running like a dream now :D

Top Bottom