Super Jet New SN SJ Owner - Whats up with the wavy hull?

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
Spend a little time on it - but don't fill the big one on each side - that will be too much filler. I got Brad's pretty straight with some blocking on the original material and a decent 2 coat primer job. Those big dips drive me banana's though. Autobody type perfection is a hard thing to let go of when painting a ski...

Spend a little time on it - but don't fill the big one on each side - that will be too much filler. I got Brad's pretty straight with some blocking on the original material and a decent 2 coat primer job. Those big dips drive me banana's though. Autobody type perfection is a hard thing to let go of when painting a ski...

Personally I wouldn't put any filler on it at all. The only way you could do it right is with fiberglass. But that's gonna be a
royal pain in the a**.

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
Filler does not mean bondo... filler - fairing filler, micro-bubbles, etc... since we are in a forum about jet skis, I would hope that would be self evident, but apparently not.

Filler does not mean bondo... filler - fairing filler, micro-bubbles, etc... since we are in a forum about jet skis, I would hope that would be self evident, but apparently not.

Obviously. Anything can be used as a filler. And there are many different methods and products. Bondo should never be used on anything that will go in the water as it draws moisture. A marine grade bondo would be suitable for a boat, maybe even a sit down jet ski, but not for a stand up. However, none of these fillers have the mat that fiberglass has for strength. This is the very reason that I say no filler should be used, and that the only way it should be done is with fiberglass. But, in my opinion, it is not worth the time or weight to make the ski straight.

Top Bottom