New Superjet owner!!!!!

Well guys and gals... we ended up getting that 2003 superjet! It cleaned up pretty good, and we are putting it in the water tomorrow!! Besides the chips of paint off the hood, and a little engine detailing, it looks to be a great buy!!! I ended up getting it for 3900 OTD.. and it is not stock like they said! Right now, just visually i see; Full UMI steering, 0 degree bars, R&D Ride plate, Works Scoop grate, they said they put a aftermarket prop but i have no idea what kind or pitch, a PSI exhaust, a aluminum waterbox (not sure of brand), and a AP desings mat! I think i got a pretty good deal! Its a little sun faded, but not bad! Here a couple pics i just shot! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

PS: I have a few questions below the pics!

sj001.jpg

sj002.jpg

Now my questions... The shop had it fully winterized for the past three seasons and just did a gas flush, and put about a third a tank of fuel in it. But they mixed it way to rich, 32:1. So i am planning on fouling my first set of plugs that are in there. So, what kind of plugs do you use? Also, what are the three threads used for? I was thinking stock exaust. Last one, what is that little hose that is blocked off? Where does it need to go if anywhere? Thanks alot everyone!!!

sj003.jpg

sj004.jpg

Think i got a good deal?!?

Last edited:

STEELDOGG

Hi Ho Silver!
I think plugs for the stock head are BR7HS. Check and see.
The little blocked off hose used to go to the stock chamber (thus no longer needed)
Oh, and the ski looks great!

Last edited:
Another question... This boat doesn't have a bilge pump on it yet. I know on my kawi, somehow it has a stock way of getting water out of the bilge. Does the yami also have a way of getting it out without a pump? In other words, will it be ok riding it until i get a pump setup?

Fill those foam fill holes.....before you put it in the water....this will save you lots work later:wavey:

Explain please. What are they? Where, and what do they do?

Yet another ?. Can i just put like some duck tape over the holes on the front of the hood to save some water intake? I'm not gonna be doing WOT just crusing around, jumping and atempting some subs.

stuntbikemike

Time to ride
These holes that i circle in the pic,, are where the factory fill the hull with foam.....they use these white stickers to cover the hole.....over time they don't stick so well and let water in the foam area......to be honest you should seal the whole firewall and any thru firewall fittings......I hope this helps and the next q is ......what should i use to fill these holes? 5200 fast cure or marine tex.....acetone the area and that bitch shouldn't get water in it....for a while anyway.....but if its a used ski it might have water in the foam already....then filling it would just be waste of time....time needed to refoam:Eyecrazy:

Attachments

• imgp1030un2_th.gif
    imgp1030un2_th.gif
    15.6 KB · Views: 186
just ride that thing! bring an extra set of plugs with you and don't worry about it. it aint gonna beat you up with a stock head/stock exhaust. something tells me you're using to having some decent power at arm's length! :smile:

i actually change plugs pretty often, but i know people who ride with the same plugs all year.. or two.. :smile:

if you don't have an aftermarket bilge, just don't do alot of subs back to back or fountains, you'll be alright as long as like they already mentioned here, the stock bilge is at least hooked up. it looks like a cheezy white little square box, almost see through at the bottom under the driveshaft up against the bulkhead.

nice score. see you on the water in daytona!

Swooperjet

Bring the brap!!
Sweet. Looks like a great deal. Good looking ski. I love my PSI pipe. Don't see too many around, so that's kinda cool. Good buy. Congrats!

Last edited:
Yeah, was gonna go ride tomorrow, but thunderstorms are 90% chance. Plan on doing it up friday-sun though! Footholds are this winters project i believe, along with a repaint. It has like some kind of foam foothold blocks on it, kinda wierd. I guess just a poor man's footholds!! HAHA! But i think they can get me through the summer. If not, i'll order everything i need to install the holds next week!

Top Bottom