New to blasters..need silicone coupler help

93 waveblaster

Just bought my first blaster on firiday. Started a few time out of the water, ran for a few seconds and shut it off.

Today go to the lake. Go to pull away from my trailer and Boom!

The silicone coupler between the exhaust and waterbox shreaded. It was like a gun shot going off!

My first question is where do I get another one or two

My second second question is what degree bend should it be 45 or 90? The old one is 90 but by looking at the pipe and box it almost looks like a 45 would fit better.

3rd question..Should i be concerned that anything else is wrong?

Mods are

-Factory Pipe exhaust system
-Riva rear exit exhaust mod.
-MRD girdle O-ring head
-Mikuni 46mm carburetor
-Ocean Pro flame arrestor
-Motor ported by Group K
-Lightened flywheel
-Modified ignition (no rev limiter)
-Heavy duty drive coupler
-R&D scoop grate
-Riva groovy ride plate
-Custom built trim system

Attachments

• DSCN1723.jpg
    DSCN1723.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN1872.JPG
    DSCN1872.JPG
    246.2 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCN1877.JPG
    DSCN1877.JPG
    447.7 KB · Views: 49
Sell it to me and end all your problems.:biggthumpup:

Not sure what degree hose, maybe check out my pics and see what you think works better.

Try www.siliconehose.com for new hose.

Check and make sure the waterbox did not go BOOM also.

Last edited:
lol sell it? i only rode it for 2 seconds..lemma get atleast 2 or 3 minutes on it before kicking in to the curb. Then maybe i will pass it on to ya.

that website looks like they have a ton of stuff.

As far as i can see the waterbox looks fine. I really looked that part over this afternoon and couldnt visually see anything wrong with it.

seajm

Napkins..I fly a Starship
93 waveblaster

Just bought my first blaster on firiday. Started a few time out of the water, ran for a few seconds and shut it off.

Today go to the lake. Go to pull away from my trailer and Boom!

The silicone coupler between the exhaust and waterbox shreaded. It was like a gun shot going off!

My first question is where do I get another one or two

My second second question is what degree bend should it be 45 or 90? The old one is 90 but by looking at the pipe and box it almost looks like a 45 would fit better.

3rd question..Should i be concerned that anything else is wrong?

Mods are

-Factory Pipe exhaust system
-Riva rear exit exhaust mod.
-MRD girdle O-ring head
-Mikuni 46mm carburetor
-Ocean Pro flame arrestor
-Motor ported by Group K
-Lightened flywheel
-Modified ignition (no rev limiter)
-Heavy duty drive coupler
-R&D scoop grate
-Riva groovy ride plate
-Custom built trim system

I have heard of this happening, but I just want to know one thing.......What was the pucker facter of this incident? I tell you I prolly would of chit myself and been in great fear that my junk was damaged!! Glad ur OKAY!!!

FlWAVEBLASTER

Tcjetpilots.com
i had this same problem. i went to a local import performance shop and they had all the couplers i needed for my b pipe and water box --- imo they are alot better quality than the paperthin ones factory sends you!!! these ones are alot thicker and the perfect lenth. plus they are about 1/3 the factory price!!!

Well i called factory pipe yesterday and ordered a replacement. Had it overnighted and it showed up this morning. I will hit the water tomorrow to make sure it is just a one time thing.

Surprising and kind of dissappointing..Factory pipe would only sell me one. I wanted to order another one in case this ever happens again. The lady told me no since these couples or in such demand.

dajnglst

Glass Happens
You may want to look through the carb or carbs again and check that fuel is not drippin from needle valve..... Overloaded fuel and POW all over again...

WTF? Is she saving them for her close friends or something?

No, they are saving them for the new run of Blaster Mod pipes that are being produced right now.

Maybe I should send then the link I posted above so they don't run out.:buttkick:

LBE

Eddie Would Go.
Blowsion has that hose in stock, and a lot of them.
Call Blowsion 503-625-3616
Ask for Scott and tell him Eddie sent you. :Banane01:

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
They don't know what ones you'd need? WTF is up with those people. I guess they just care about other motorsports more than this one.

Anyways, mcmaster sells them and chances are they will have them to you next day even with their standard shipping. For the pipe you have shown above, you'd need one of each of these:

5823K17
5823K27

Search here by those part numbers in that upper left 'find' field.

Thats an awesome website...Thank you.I see tons of stuff i could use..even for around the house!

They don't know what ones you'd need? WTF is up with those people. I guess they just care about other motorsports more than this one.

Anyways, mcmaster sells them and chances are they will have them to you next day even with their standard shipping. For the pipe you have shown above, you'd need one of each of these:

5823K17
5823K27

Search here by those part numbers in that upper left 'find' field.

Now im gonna assume that Im the wrong one here..the part #'s you gave me match exactly to what FP sent me in description...

See pics of mounts Fp mounts are on the top...

I can see how the male/male mount would work

The female/male is the part that baffles me...what goes into the female end? A bolt..my old mounts where both male/male

So im guessing my old mounts are not original and i am missing some sort of other bolt that would go into the female end.

Think my new assumtion is correct? Maybe i owe FP an apology for my confusion

Attachments

• DSCN2290.JPG
    DSCN2290.JPG
    312.3 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN2292.JPG
    DSCN2292.JPG
    318.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Dustin Mustangs

uʍop ǝpıs dn
You can do it either way really, but yeah they sent you the right stuff. The one with the female is for the front mount with the hole pointing forward. It just makes it a bit easier to get the chamber in place w/o two studs to deal with. You'll need a stainless steel 3/8-16 x 3/4" bolt with both lock and flat washers to run it.

Top Bottom