New to LA (LBC) and looking for tips on where to ride

I come from Northern California and grew up on the delta riding every weekend and ive recently relocated to Long Beach and I am dying to get back out on the water. Does anyone live/ride in this area that can provide some info? Thanks!

Closest place to ride would be Granda St off ocean in Long Beach. You need a beach cart to get your ski to the water. Its inside the break wall so there are no waves but people usually setup a bouy course on Sundays. For waves theres oceanside. Theres Lake Perris, Lake Elsinore and Lake Silverwood. For a weekend trip you can hit the river out at Blythe.

Closest place to ride would be Granda St off ocean in Long Beach. You need a beach cart to get your ski to the water. Its inside the break wall so there are no waves but people usually setup a bouy course on Sundays. For waves theres oceanside. Theres Lake Perris, Lake Elsinore and Lake Silverwood. For a weekend trip you can hit the river out at Blythe.

Thanks! I looked up Lake Elsinore since that seems to be the closest...Im curious about riding near Granada...So it is legal to ride inside the break wall? I have yet to see people set up buoys or ride anything other than rented sitdowns in that area, but thats what im looking for. Also, is there a launch I can go to or is a beach cart the only way?

Its legal you just have to stay a certain distance from the shore and you have to ride out in between the 5mph bouys they have there. You have to have a beach cart to launch there. Theres a cement pad that takes you on the sand but still about 100' that you'll need to get your ski to the water. There is a launch ramp by the queen mary but theres a long 5mph Zone you'd have to go through. I don't know if its every sunday but it will be on sunday around 10am that people will be out there with a bouy course.

Ahhh okay, So its in between the kite surfers and the pier.. Im gonna take a bike ride down there this Sunday and see whats up. Do you ride out there often or more fresh water? Ive never ridden in salt water before.. Can you launch at the marine stadium park in Alamitos bay? Thanks for your help!

Yes its close to the pier. I haven't been out there in a while but its the closest place for me to ride. I usually go to Perris for the day or the river for the weekend. You can launch by marine stadium but you cant ride in there and it would be way to far to go out into the ocean.

Hey guys!
The same issue from my side:)
I'm going to come to LA for a half a year in 2 months and I'll live in West Hollywood.
Could you tell me pls where can I ride and rent a stand up jetski? Maybe it would be better to buy it and then sell....
Thx)

Top Bottom