Blaster new to me blaster, red pipe cooling questions, yes i searched first.

2011-05-28_12-51-01_742.jpg2011-05-27_18-00-41_816.jpg

so, im currently deployed, but i had the wife pick up a blaster for me to ride when i get home. this blaster looks mostly stock with the exception of a riva red pipe, and a few other things.

the questions i have is, did blasters have ANY pissers from the factory? from what im seeing my new blaster has no pissers on the outside of the hull. does this mean that all the water is being dumped into the exhaust?

also the only cooling line i can see is from the rear of the cylinder to the head pipe.

im guessing that the cooling it coming in from the pump, to a T, to both sides of the exhasut mani, out of the rear cyl head, and into the headpipe. would the stinger's watter fitting be capped off in this scenario? i think i may see a water fitting on the cyl. head, front piston that looks to be capped off also.

does the factory cyl head have 2 cooling fittings? i seem to remember on my roundnose there being 2 fittings, but its set up for dual cooling.

any help would be appreciated, i dont think this thing is set up right cooling wise. let me know, i wanna fix, and ride this thing as soon as i get home!

NJrider

Huck it!
cant help ya pal but its funny cause I called about that ski this morning. Ended up just getting back from grabbing the all black with leopard seat cover. enjoy it!

cant help ya pal but its funny cause I called about that ski this morning. Ended up just getting back from grabbing the all black with leopard seat cover. enjoy it!

nice. saw that one on there too! grabbed this one cause it was closer to my house, and i didnt wanna send the wife on a long drive to get a ski for me all by herself.

D95turbo

James Tindle
I have mine coming from the rear cylinder to the head pipe with a tee..then to my piser. I also have a flow control valve on the stinger line.
to dry out my water box at low rpm.

so if im following correctly, the routing for single cooling for the red pipe should be,

IN from the pump to the exhaust mani

from the rear of the cyl head to a T with one side of the T going to a pisser, and the other side going to the upper water fitting on the headpipe,

then the lower head pipe water fitting, to a flow control valve, then to the stingers water fitting.

sound correct? if so, i will drill the hull for a pisser fitting, and route it this way. ive never bought a ski that didnt have any pissers installed before.

thanks for the help.

thanks to everyone that helped me with this. the red pipe was new to me. im used to factory pipes. just need to get this one plumbed to last me the 1 month riding season that i have, then will be going to a bigbore, and factory mod over the winter.

i think i have it figured out now, and i think i was over complicating things. thanks again for all the input.

im going to go with...

for single cooling

water from pump to exhaust mani

water from head to first fitting on pipe, by the intake mani. (no pisser)

water fitting on top of pipe to a pisser then a fcv then to the stinger.

for dual cooling

all the same but front CYL water fitting goes straight to pisser, and 2nd feed from pump going to 2nd fitting tapped into exhaust mani.

Last edited:
Top Bottom