New to PWC with a interesting prroject.

There is a cool guy at Jetskimaniaparts on Ebay that I'm working with on a 760 that is pretty fresh.
He has been working with us on figuring out how to ship it out here. Very willing to help us out. Few sellers I ran into willing to do any leg work for us. We dont normally ask for favors and it was very nice of them to offer. I'm sure I'll be chatting with Rdrttoy on this site as well. Everyone has been pretty helpful.
Thank you Quinc for the gracious words. It might be one in the same. If so thats awesome that they get such a good re pore here too.

Last edited:
Cool Rdrttoy, I got it and sent reply. Thanks
I'm not sure what the fuel is out here. I can imagine its super 91+ as they get most of it from Dubai and Kuwait. I know my little Suzuki I'll pull the boat with runs great with the extreme heat. Maybe one day if we feel froggy we can get a higher comp head for it just to see if it will show any difference. But I just know the 760 and even the 61X I have now will move it around to get the job done. How bad can it be? LOL.

Well,
It's Sunday.
All the plans fell through for getting the boat in the water today.
Eid al-Adha starts tomorrow and through my ignorance I didnt know that fasting starts today.
It is what it is. Next Sunday will be the water test. We taken every precaution when fiberglassing and ensured to start every seam with 3M 5200. I doubt we need the float test. I've taken some extra bicycle brake control cable and soldered on a new barrel and soldered a loop on the other end to connect to the throttle lever. I should be able to connect this with a small "D" ring. The motor has been re-installed. I googled the 44 carb for line routing. I looped the one-way vent and the water separator so I only have 2 lines to deal with. I can easily blow through all the cooling lines. With a little priming the engine starts up and runs strong. LOTS of smoke. I think the Castol 2 stroke is a bit heavy. I'll need to re-route the water box so maybe a silicone inter-cooler kit from Ebay is in order. I can put it way in the back. This leads me to a question. Because I dont need to conform to normal packaging restraints, can I use any CC appropriate sized mufflers? We can get the SeaBees to weld anything on for a mating surface. I'm learning the whole wet vs dry pipe thing. We need the reliability and less heat of the wet pipe I think. All thoughts on this are welcome.

Man im loving this project and been keeping tabs! Great way for you guys to blow off steam and do something for yourselves! Keep it up and i cant wait for a ride report! And for trim tabs use a turn buckle and some plate and attach with hinges. Should be some stuff thats easy to find, hopefully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a great way to blow of steam your right. I love it, well all but the sanding. I've always disliked that. Lately its been a great weight loss program as well, as it is so darn hot and humid. The rear flip down bench is done and waiting for us to find some grey packing foam to pad it and then I'll whip up a seat cover for it. Maybe this weekend. To cover it though I have to take it completely apart which wont be too much fun. Boat Seat.jpg

Tyler Zane

Open Your Eyes
Cool project!

Atleast today was a nice day with lots of cloud coverage! Whatcha doing in Djibouti? I work at chabelley airfeild, but do spend some time at lemonnier.

I can get mail in 10 days of so to my apo and could order off Amazon prime with free shipping. Let me if I can help with any tid bits.

Can anyone help me out?
I bought the 760 engine from Tyler, user name jetskimaniaparts on Ebay. Paid full price with shipping and he has seemed to skip town.
I cant send any messages nor file a claim. It looks like we got the shuffle of "I'm boxing it up, and it will be in the mail tomorrow"
IF you have any info on him please forward to me as I am currently in TX and always ready for a road trip.

Top Bottom