Other new toy

Very cool shanes how's Spain we have been waiting on a shipment of gas gas ragas been held up ignition dramas go and sort them out for us ha ha

I bought my 7 year old a 1989 Kawasaki 650sx for $300. I live in the armpit of the southern USA.

I don't like comparing myself to you. LOL! Awesome ski. I doubt any 7 year old in the world has a better ski.

thats cool it doesn't matter what it cost its about getting the kids out there having fun and riding well done :-}]

Very cool shanes how's Spain we have been waiting on a shipment of gas gas ragas been held up ignition dramas go and sort them out for us ha ha

Spain was great the weather was lovely :-} trials riding is huge over there and in Andorra as well , ill have to get myself and the wife one when we get set up in Andorra as we can just ride out of the house into the hill its perfect

yes mate all fitted up Glenn turner was here over the weekend setting it up for me and doing freestyle demo's at the big jet ski race here , it took ages to get the jetting right to where he was happy with it and do his show so i didn't get a chance to ride it but ill test it this weekend , Glenn said it still needs a bit more power iv just emailed Kyle to get some domes sorted the ones i put in the squish was to big and the avgas wouldn't work it ran better on standard fuel , so ill get that sorted also looking at a bigger pump they will be testing it in Aus next week with prop to get the set up worked out , if its a big improvement ill get one ordered up :-}

where are you based in the states ? im heading to florida at the end of august with the wife for a week

Last edited:

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Aircraft, where you located in florida? I have a ferry to tampa this weekend.

I'm over on the East Coast about 20 miles north of Daytona Beach or 60 miles south of Jax... Thats funny I gotta go out west in 2 wks to pickup a Mooney Rocket in Portland

I'm taking my family to TN for the weekend other wise I would say lets meet up..

Last edited:
Aircraftsalz , we are flying into Miami then heading to fort Lauderdale , if your with in a hour or 2 it would be great to catch up ill have a rental car so transport is not a problem :-}}

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Maybe we can put a lake ride together down by Brian's place in West Palm... LMK when your coming and I'll get something put together...

someone loves her rickter , she was out for about 20 min for her first run then went on one of the big mat things that you tow behind the ski of course she weighs nothing so it took off up in the the air and started to flip over she bailed but hooked her ankle and looks like it has a bad sprain cant put any weight on it , but i had to carry her to the ski so she could go out again for another session :-}}

saying its fun to ride is a understatement we all had a ball riding it , very tricky to get on in deep water but once you get the knack its not that bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09qmOXd2s5c&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

Scorn800

Ride for life
Looks like it rides nice and stable. Sure looks like a lot of splashing off the bow. Can u mount a splash gaurd?
Your little girl looks & sounds like she's hardcore, hope she's ripping again soon

McDog

Other Administrator
Staff member
It probably splashes less with an adult rider to raise the nose some. My son can sub his 650sx just by leaning forward. They are not meant to be ridden by 50 pound kids.

3rid

-
Shanes, for the nose diving and splashing, we have the same issue on the skis of the kids (kawa 300) and we found out the best way to avoid nose diving/splashing is to only put like 5,6 liters of fuel...
so to make the nose lighter... and fill up every 30mn... (they never ran more than 10/15mn at their age anyway...)

You might also want to consider thumb throttle the old kawa one, they're nice as you can restrict them easily with a bolt... and not let them run full speed...

Great videos ! having your kids on water with you is really good fun !

Last edited:
cheers for the tipis on the fuel thats a good idea :-}} as for the throttle she is fine , she has been riding motorbike since she was 2.5 years old she has very good throttle control she rides the seadoo 12 km out to the islands all the time she alters her speed for condition and is very aware of who is around her , i made a point of always riding very close to her on the bikes so she alway looks and checks before turning .
she really had a ball last sunday and wanted to ride her ski to the island but the water outside was a little rough so ill work her up to it slowly or go really early one morning when its glassy

Top Bottom