NEW X-Metal Steering

DsmRacing

Wannabe Freerider
I checked out the website and can't find the steering setup anywhere on there. I'd like to purchase the bearing/bushing kit to replace a umi setup, I already have a plate and straight bars.:drive:

thegoldenboy

RN Surgery... soon
I checked out the website and can't find the steering setup anywhere on there. I'd like to purchase the bearing/bushing kit to replace a umi setup, I already have a plate and straight bars.:drive:

Site isn't up to date. Call if you need anything. I'm sure a new site wil be coming soon.

Yes we are working on the new site. Sorry for the delays we are a small group and extremely busy. Best thing is call the shop (727) 442-7700 or email xscream@tampabay.rr.com or PM me if you have any questions or concerns. Shop is open M - F 9am to 5pm. And I almost always check my messages here after hours and on weekends.

Ericfox

Do it twice?That's DooDoo
I would really like to hear a few reviews... I have the old xmetal kit with the umi bearings--> brand new-all ready to be installed in a week or two.... are there some reasons why I might want to not install it and get this setup instead????

Do the bearings suck or what... I have no experience with either- so someone fill me in!

Thanks- Eric

your setup doesnt suck...its actually a very nice smooth setup
as for the other xmw steering i think they are just trying something new so down the line you dont need to replace bearings

cambo au

TRYING TO LEARN
I would really like to hear a few reviews... I have the old xmetal kit with the umi bearings--> brand new-all ready to be installed in a week or two.... are there some reasons why I might want to not install it and get this setup instead????

Do the bearings suck or what... I have no experience with either- so someone fill me in!

Thanks- Eric

just make sure you keep the greese up to it and you wont have any dramas as they get older you might want to change but it will be sweet for a few years

Kennay

Squarenose for the _____
I could be wrong, but from what i've read, the orings sucks and allow water to get to the also crappy ball bearings in the umi setup and they rust quickly. JSS sells the plastic bushings for like 15 bucks that eliminate the bearing.

Mark44

Katie's Boss
f

I could be wrong, but from what i've read, the orings sucks and allow water to get to the also crappy ball bearings in the umi setup and they rust quickly. JSS sells the plastic bushings for like 15 bucks that eliminate the bearing.

A bushing works real well to replace that bearing!:bananajump:

Mark44

Fro Diesel

creative control
I wouldn't be Polak bashing if I were you, we are strong and united (without unity we would be in the dark after a light bulb burns out, you know). Just keep our unity in mind the next time you need something machined.
That language barrier can be a biotch.:sneaky:

Since you mentioned that hull, I actually might know someone who would be interested. He wanted to buy a handle pole early next year but was told that they don't look right on squares. :biggrin:
nice to see some more polish pride on the site. I'll be getting this set up just as soon as i have the money for a pole too.

Top Bottom