New Yamaha 3cyl 4-stroke

tshank123

Yo hablo ingles
Ijsba favors the sxr for sure.

They allow a 760 cyl and head because of the rius special edition. Which also came with a wet pipe. But the pipe is not allowed.

This conversation is getting way off track, but I dont think youre allowed to run the 760 head, only the cylinder. I wouldn't want to do that but I guess thats what guys do. Also, IJSBA lets you run ignition which is pretty stupid considering its stock class.

If the SJ1000 ever comes to fruition, I dont know how they would balance stock class. It would probably make everything else obsolete, but at least it wouldn't be like the Hydro where only a few of them are floating around, among other issues.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Yamaha TR-1 Marine Engine Specifications:
Engine: Three cylinder, 4 stroke, 1049cc Yamaha Marine Engine
Lubrication: Wet sump
Fuel: Regular unleaded
Weight: 160 pounds
Dimensions: L: 30”, W: 21”, H: 19”

Attachments

• 2016 Yamaha TR-1 Motor.pdf
    463.9 KB · Views: 15

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
I finished 2nd place to a Superjet at the Hartwell Race. It was wet piped. and I was on a and SXR. I could not out run him on the holeshot. And I got 2 really good starts.

I feel like the sxr may onky be faster because of rider fatigue. A superjet rider that doesnt tired out may have the advantage.

Big Kahuna

Administrator
That is true. But the SXR handles the chop better also. They thrive in ship..... That was one thing, even though I have not raced in 7 years, Not once was the ski effected by the chop (Pushed) like a SJ does. Still trying to work on getting one. Getting alot of negative energy from my other half.

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
Back on topic which is the TR-1 motor....and if/why put it in a B1 or Superjet
The point is this motor can be pumped up. How about a 260hp Blaster...hells yea!

Below is a quote from watercraft journal:

In stock form, the TR-1 cranks out “somewhere between 115-and-125 horsepower.” When given a reflashed ECU with a custom tune, the TR-1 wakes up quite a bit, jumping up to 165 horsepower. Toss in a pair of forged pistons and you’ve got 185 ponies. Slap on a turbo and you’ve got an insanely nasty 3-banger, spitting out over 260 horsepower. Oh, and apparently that setup can last several hundreds of hours on the dyno

ph1lthy11y

Cummins hauls my ski to the water
Yamaha TR-1 Marine Engine Specifications:
Engine: Three cylinder, 4 stroke, 1049cc Yamaha Marine Engine
Lubrication: Wet sump
Fuel: Regular unleaded
Weight: 160 pounds
Dimensions: L: 30”, W: 21”, H: 19”
Damn thing weighs as much as I do haha

High Speed Industries

Your one stop shop for quality parts @highspeedind
Has anyone done research about buying one of these engines? Can you just order it from Yamaha parts house or something? I can imagine it's an in person dealer purchase only. Who knows if they even sell just the engine. You might have to buy the ski and pull the engine to get it.

You cannot order just the motor. You have to buy the actual ski and pull the parts you need - motor, elecs, harnesses. There will be stand ups and blasters with these motors in them by next season for sure. With 8 lbs of boost, they are already getting near mid 70s for speeds with the stand ups. That's with nothing more than a reflash. Someone who is willing to invest the money and headache will be able to push north of 300hp out of these motors. And, it is actually pretty small. In the picture on the first page, the entire front half is air box which can be removed. I would LOVE to build a blaster with one, but too rich for my blood, especially when we can build triples that already scare me.

SM

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Has anyone done research about buying one of these engines? Can you just order it from Yamaha parts house or something? I can imagine it's an in person dealer purchase only. Who knows if they even sell just the engine. You might have to buy the ski and pull the engine to get it.

How are people getting the Seadoo engines?

Kommander is definitely able to get them from somewhere. I imagine it wouldn't be a wise business decision to purchase new yamaha sitdowns just to yard the motor out for the k1's but who knows? Maybe they have a bether source on them. They are a yamaha dealer too..

ItsRixter

SoCal Wav Jumping shiznit
You cannot order just the motor. You have to buy the actual ski and pull the parts you need - motor, elecs, harnesses. There will be stand ups and blasters with these motors in them by next season for sure. With 8 lbs of boost, they are already getting near mid 70s for speeds with the stand ups. That's with nothing more than a reflash. Someone who is willing to invest the money and headache will be able to push north of 300hp out of these motors. And, it is actually pretty small. In the picture on the first page, the entire front half is air box which can be removed. I would LOVE to build a blaster with one, but too rich for my blood, especially when we can build triples that already scare me.

SM
I was hoping Scottie would see this thread and chime in. 260-300hp Blaster1....insane. Somehow I feel Scottie will be one of the first to pull off this conversion despite his comment about "too rich for his blood" ;)

Top Bottom