SX/SXi/SXi Pro newb question 650sx vs 750sx

i got my first standup ski in july 91 650sx been having a great time on it all summer its pretty mint and runs perfect that being said id like to upgrade for next year from what ive read i shouldnt wast my time modding the 650 so ive been looking at 92-95 750sx would this be a worth while upgrade? i want to get something worth installing foot holds and a pipe on

wish this were close id buy it ?http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/119277...Sale-1500-Final-Price-Drop-before-Parting-Out!

currently thinking about a 95 750 with trailer for 1k not sure wether its sx or sxi yet. of course common sense after reading these forums tells me to get a super jet and i might have a bad case of jetski aids from too much 650sx exposure. im just not sure about the super jet hype id spend the money if its really worth it but imo the square is ugly as sin and i dont really feel like spending 3500 or more for a rn when id likely be happy with a 750 for half that ammount spent. sxipro02 do you know of any good skis for sale in your area? oh not sure if it makes much diff what ski is best for me but im 6foot3 220lbs if that matters

I went from a 650 to a 750 originally when I started out, I think you will like the 750sx a lot more for sure. Dont worry to much about the motor just pick up the sx if its in good shape and has even compression. Small pin and big pin hasnt made much difference to me. I personally prefer the small pin crank, I am running a '92 sx engine in my 01 sxi pro and it is still on its standard bore.... Just keep the oil on the slightly heavy side and dont keep her pinned for miles and it'll hold up for you.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
750sx >> 650sx
neither hold a candle to a SJ, any year IMHO
and I have a '92 750sx, footholds, coffman pipe etc

you think even a 650sj is better than a 750sx? i just want to find me an end of season deal and have somthing worth my time to install footholds on this winter and a pipe also i figured a 750 with a bpipe would put a smile on my face after riding the 650sx

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
you think even a 650sj is better than a 750sx?

yes I would. I keep the 750 for my son. he likes it better than the SJ but I do not
I ride a SN with a 718, bpipe, msd, 185 psi, porting, hooker etc.
but I would still take a piped 650 SJ over a piped 750sx

Not to keep bringing up the debate but I have ridden a few SJ's and prefer my "modded" pro hands down. It has more brap than a mild modded sj and handles way better. Its not as capable at flips and rolls but is a funner rec.

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
First off, I see you are new, so, Welcome! Love to see new people.

To answer your original question, without you getting the, "just buy a superjet" rhetoric, the answer is, YES, any 750 is a MUCH better ski than the 650sx and worthy of some mods including footholds.

I am a lake rider, I started out with the 650sx and progressed to the 750sx, and now I own a modded 750SXi-Pro and love it, it rips! With a few good mod the Kawi 750 is a great boat for an all around rec boat that can kick ass.

See threads below...

:cool2:

Last edited:

sxi steve

Life's short, have fun.
Not to keep bringing up the debate but I have ridden a few SJ's and prefer my "modded" pro hands down. It has more brap than a mild modded sj and handles way better. Its not as capable at flips and rolls but is a funner rec.

Pro02, I believe our boat can Roll off boat wake. I believe it's a head or commitment thing, in my case. I've been told from a few riders who BR, that I can and should be rollin, since my nose stabs are coming around enough and inverted. Since I'm 46 and already broke my ankle to pieces riding, I'm a bit gun shy and feel my stabs a fine enough. Some of you younger guys who are lighter weight and gutsy and wanna push the limits, can pull it off. IMO.

Note- Dirtybird, Brad, had a 750 SXi-Pro that he BRolled before he switched up to his 701 SN, featured in my video. He's mid 30s, maybe 160 lbs, a really good all around rider and is crazy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom