Nicolas Rius hood......

-I`we been checking out hood kits from difrent dealers, but I havn`t found the shape that nicolas rius uses.... I guess that the sites I visited are more freeride/freestyle coloured dealers rathered than race dealers...

-Where can I buy one/ get more info on those hoods...

-Whats the diference between the one that Rius runs and "the rest"? -exept from the issue that he others are lower in the back and "more climb around the jet doing trixs" -friendly : )

-Is it better vented, more safe from water intake, built for high dry pipes etc...

--Greatful for answears : )

///Sweden!

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
-Whats the diference between the one that Rius runs and "the rest"? -exept from the issue that he others are lower in the back and "more climb around the jet doing trixs" -friendly : )

-Is it better vented, more safe from water intake, built for high dry pipes etc...

Yes to both: the after market hoods freestylers use are lower which is easier for hood tricks and also the keep water out of the engine compartment much better.

However, the lowering has much more of a handling impact that anything. Most people couple a lowered pole pivot with a lowered hood, and the result of those two things is a dramatic improvement in handling. A lowered bracket helps a lot, but it is amazing how the lower center of gravity of the hood improves how the ski handles too.

(BTW, I've never used a Rius hood so I can't comment on that - my comments are about the kinds of freestyle hoods you've been seeing.)

I`we seen to options of the this hood I think... One with the original front piece and one with the lowered one... In the link that Yamaslut posted (thnx -didn`t find it my self on the site)
the picture doesnt work and it says nothing about any nose piece... hmm wich one is it?

As for low hoods....
-I read the rius hood is 50% lighter than OEM.....and some of the other aftermarket fr/fs hoods weights about 10-15 lbs...
50% or 10-15 lbs -I dont know whats lightest -but...the hight it self of the hood comes second to the weight of it to get it to handle better.... -or?

-A higher and lighter is prefered due to a lower and heavier to get better handeling -or?

I`m writing this because the rius hood seem higher in the back than the others ...although it doesn`t seem that much..-perhaps the only difference in the end between rius and the others aftermarkets are that rius is not as round in the back and therefor "harder" to freestyle with

....i think to waay to much : )

Last edited:

Big Kahuna

Administrator
The R&D hood is intended to be used with their lowered pole bracket. Yes, you use a lower profile nose piece as well. The lowered bracket works really well and is set up to use a pole spring.

The Hood is a race hood designed for maximum air flow with out excess water intrusion.

I really would like to see some moore pics on this one.... anyone got some??

///Life is sweeet : )

I've been talking with Rius-Racing about having this same hood made for me. The original maker of the hood no longer has the molds, which now belong to someone else and are in storage in Havasu. It's not a freestyle hood, but If you are serious about purchasing one, it may be beneficial for both of us to have them made at the same time. PM me for more details, or contact Rius-Racing directly.

-I emailed Rius a couple days ago and he told me there were a nother person interested (you) in a hood and that they had stopt making them, but there were maybe a chance to make a couple of new ones....
_he wrote that he would check it out and get back to me.

How hi are they in the back? Are the like the stock ones or are they in between lets say a wammer hood and a stock??

-The weight?

I would like to see some more pictures on the hood... only seen to small ones shot from far away -anyone??

// :)

I have one of these R&D hoods and nose cone and pole bracket from when i use to race, but now i freeride in the surf so i filled in the air vents at the top and put a couple more holes in the front, i ride in big surf and the hood has survived well for years and i think it is one of the best looking hoods around too, will try and post up pics.

Top Bottom