No gas......no run.......why?

W8kski

-------------------------
I have an '04 Superjet that I had out a few weeks ago in the surf. It ran fine all weekend. I went to crank it up today and it will crank fine when I pump the primer, but it won't keep running. As long as I keep priming it it will keep running. Why would it not be getting gas through the fuel line? An suggestions? I blew out the petcock with an airhose as well as the fuel lines. Would a vacuum leak or something be causing this? I don't see any gas going through the fuel filter which I also changed out. Help.

W8kski

Still no luck. Blew out all lines with air hose. No line is kinked or came off. Primer is fairly new and has been fine since installed. No fuel is traveling through the main fuel lines that I can see through the hoses.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
Have you tried to prime the fuel lines and carbs by taking off the return line off at the tank and using a jumper piece of fuel line pressurize the tank and let the fuel run into a cup from the return line coming from the carbs?

W8kski

Don't think there is water in the tank or carbs because I can keep it running as long as I want if I keep pumping the primer

W8kski

I primed the tank like you said to do and only got a constant spatter out of the hose not a solid flow. What does that tell me? I'm lost.

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
Don't think there is water in the tank or carbs because I can keep it running as long as I want if I keep pumping the primer

Water settles to the bottom of your gas tank. So if you were on reserve (for example) and you sucked up some water, it would get sucked into your carb. If your carb is full of water if will not run unless you keep pumping the primer.

My skiw asn't starting very well last week and I discovered the fuel filter was coming apart at it's seem. So thge fuel pump was sucking in air when it should have been sucking in fuel.

W8kski

I changed the fuel filter out and it didn't make a difference. If there were water in the fuel wouldn't I see it on the plugs? The plugs look fine. The thing is isthat I'm not getting pressure because I can see in my see through lines that the gas isn't traveling from the tank to theengine like it should. The new fuel filter doesn't even fill up.

Mile9c1

X-H2O.com
If there were water in the fuel wouldn't I see it on the plugs?

Maybe, maybe not.

Have you checked that your fuel pump is working? I don't know the proper way to do it but I usually do it by blowing (using my lips on the fuel pump cover nipple) into the pulse line. Careful, if ther's gas in there it'll get pumped out into your face (assuming the carb is out of the ski and you have no hoses hooked up).

No fuel to the carb should be an easy thing to diagnose and fix.

Top Bottom