Other No power valve movement

Running a Dasa 850 mikuni 46's, dasa intake,with less than 10 hours on it, swapped from a bpipe to a type 4 (which didn't end up working due to fitment) in my setup, then back to the bpipe. Mind you it ran fine before I did the swap. When I swapped back to the bpipe the power valves stopped moving. I am, however getting very little movement from them just not the full movement that they should/ did before I did this exhaust switch. *both power valves do move freely by hand with no hang ups*. I double checked and verified power valve installation (number 1,number 2 cylinder) no rips in the power valve boot or gaskets, make sure the port channels are aligned they way they should and still got nothing. I then dug into the ebox. Swapped both cdi and coil to see if that was the problem just to cancel all variables out, and still no luck. Motor does rev up the way it should, just no power valve movement. Checked compression and was 180/180. I'm stumped.:aargh4:

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
Any exhaust leaks with the bpipe? The PV's are requiring exhaust pressure to push them up. If ur pipe is fitted properly and the engine runs as it should there should b no probs with ur PV's. Any leaks around base gasket of PV's?

DAG

Yes, my balls tickled from that landing
Do a leak down. How much pressure does it take until they do open? And do they open at the same time? Curious why the Type 4 didn't work?

Are they in upside down? The gas port is on one side of the housing, and you may have them to where the gas port on the housing (which matches with the cylinder on the bottom) does not match up with the gas port on the cylinder because the port on the housing is now on top.

Last edited:
--also super-- important check to make sure the highest exhaust bolts are not too long on dasa kawi motors if the bolts are to long they will press on the power valves and actually press them further in and they will snag on a piston ring ive seen it.

Not a kawi dasa....*update* bought a pfp and installed it, ran it and number 2 powervalve is now moving about a half inch, and number 1 isn't movin at all. 99.9% sure these powervalves are installed correctly.

Pablo

sqeez bth levrs & lean bk
Site Supporter
I second idok's thought. Start it on the trailer with a hose/flush kit and pin that biotch a couple times. I'll bet those PV's are moving but not till that exhaust pressure is jamming.

Top Bottom