Freestyle No stock siphon and dual cooling or not?

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
Over the upcoming winter season I will probably be installing a girdled head (35 cc domes and ~185 psi) to my piped 701. My question is, should I switch to dual cooling when I do this and get rid of the stock siphon or keep single cooling and the stock siphon?

Where I ride the water temp starts in the low 50's in May and gets up to the mid 70's by mid season.

Thanks for the help

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
Probably a matter of preference.
You don't need dual cooling in your temps. The stock siphon works great and I would not get rid of it if I could help it. In other words, I don't think you're gaining anything by going to dual cooling and you're losing quite a bit by getting rid of the siphon.

gc4

I'd be lost without the x
Probably a matter of preference.
You don't need dual cooling in your temps. The stock siphon works great and I would not get rid of it if I could help it. In other words, I don't think you're gaining anything by going to dual cooling and you're losing quite a bit by getting rid of the siphon.

Alright, I was feeling this but wasn't sure at what point dual cooling would be necessary. Don't feel like trying to install another tube from the rear to the engine bay either so will likely keep single cooling.

Thanks for the help.

Its all about the surf!
Keep the stock siphon, you'd be surprized at how well it actually works. Any bilge set up should be in addition too, not instead of.

I run dual cooling using the stock siphon tube(water gets in the 90's here) and dual 500's no problems yet, This winter i will probably put it back in as i had bilge pumps stop working and sank my ski in the ocean.

Top Bottom