no superjets for canada :(

iam dieing to ride an 08 but iam afraid that when i do i will then buy one and start dumping money into it like i do all my toys. this is why i dont have a house and still live at home.:loser:

Interesting problem, I would buy a slightly modded one up north and go get it. I have a buddy with an 08 and it does great in the surf(thats all I have ridden in the surf, probably 10-15 hours total on his ski all summer), The owner of the 08 jumped on his buddies 01 and loved it in the surf as well saying it was more fun, the water was cold and I was dry so I passed. I personally ride a 93 and it handles alot different but I like both. His makes good power for a mostly stock ski (pipe, head, prop, umi steering) End of rambling.

"as well thanks for the craigs list link...wish that site gave you the option of searching its entire database for a specific item...tough to systematically go through every city making the same search. "

http://www.craigshelper.com/

Someone may or may not like the '08 better than earlier skis, but you are looking at extra $$ to fix the steering before it will be decent for freestyle/ride. Unless you are serious enough to spend $9,000+ on a boat, an earlier boat will be ready for fun with a lot less $$ into it.

The 08 does not have diminished turning radius. You can make it turn on a dime, with a little help from the throttle that is. I think the reason yamaha shorted the throw on the nozzle was to make it harder to slide out. Which would be good for racing. Also by having the nozzle slightly trimmed up is a good feature to have in conjunction with the limited steering throw because when you lean the ski in a turn you are actually giving yourself more steering throw.

I think the goal was to shorten the handlepole by two inches to place the rider further forward for more aggressive riding etc.. and to do so they already had the tooling for the fx-1 handlepole so they slapped that on there along with the fx-1 cable and ended up with less throw. I think the goal was to make handling changes to the ski and at the same time spend zero cash doing so. Just look at the stock rideplate it doesn't even fit the hull, they just put something on they already had so they wouldn't have to spend money on tooling for a new rideplate.

Top Bottom