No Wake Zone- on a stand-up, what to do

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
crab said:
You all must not have tried it on an X2 before, they are truely an sob in a no wake zone. I damm near got fined at Lake Chelan a couple of weeks ago, I think the officer was laughing deep down when he made me slow down and then fall over.

It can be done though. I was idling around a no wake zone on my X2 once and one of the cops at the dock (after watching me idle around for awhile) asked me if my ski was sinking. :slaphappy:

surfjetlouie

R.I.P. 11/27/2008
2002zxi said:
huh? My ski's not on the bottom, dunno who you're talking about.
sorry I though it was your ski. but it was skywalker. MY bad!!!! did he got it back yet?
Louie

Last edited:

The other Alex

(Jetdude)
I can stand and idle. Idle is slow as possible while making head way. I get pissed when people blow by in a canal or a no wake cut and they slow down about half way on plane and think they are going no wake when they are really making the biggest wake possible. Just slow down and deal with it, you've got the whole lake and whole day to ride, so just slow down. And if it hurts when you hang in the water because your fire-hosing your fire-hose, then you're going to fast. It should be gentle and actually feel quite nice ;)

SJKny said:
:bs2: , take them to court.....

Its standard no wake or 6 knots, whichever comes first. There is no idle laws.... even making a wake sometimes is not a finable offense, take high current areas going against the current. no way you're going to idle anywhere, just move slow as possible to not kick up too much wake and no one can bother you.

take THAT, you waterpigs!

2002zxi

Got old, bought another ski
surfjetlouie said:
sorry I though it was your ski. but it was skywalker. MY bad!!!! did he got it back yet?
Louie
dunno, want to go find it for him and charge him a $$$$$$$$$$$ finders fee? lol jk skywalker!

ski4

gonzo
SJKny said:
:bs2: , take them to court.....

Its standard no wake or 6 knots, whichever comes first. There is no idle laws.... even making a wake sometimes is not a finable offense, take high current areas going against the current. no way you're going to idle anywhere, just move slow as possible to not kick up too much wake and no one can bother you.

tell that to the ohio dept of natural resources. i don't think most people on pwc's are gonna be able to tell 6.9 mph so it's easier for the cops to say ride though at idle
lake erie has no high current areas that are designated no wake, at least not in cleveland.

of course there is room in the law to make it so you can safely make way depending on conditions. say 6 foot chop, no water cop is gonna give us any lips for making a wake so long as what they see is reasonable use of throttle to maintain safe travel

Top Bottom