SX/SXi/SXi Pro No water out the pisser... :|

Plumbing(750sx just rebuilt, all stock):
1) From hull inlet to bottom of exhaust mani
2) Head to nipple on exhaust pipe(the part above the exhaust manifold)
3) Nipple at end of exhaust to pisser
(it is 100ºF out today)

This ski is leaving me confused. I've checked the hoses to make sure they aren't clogged and checked my head gasket, absolutely no water out the pisser.... The strange thing is that the engine doesn't seem to be overheating.
I ran it hard for 15 minutes then put some drops of water on the head and exhaust pipe, the water doesn't sizzle. Ran it again for 20 min and still no sizzle. Flushed the pisser to make sure it wasn't clogged, tried again... nothing out of the pisser, not even a trickle.

Ideas? While it seems to run fine, i'm paranoid that I will ruin this engine.

Last edited:
Here is a picture of how I have things setup
p15Qt.jpg

PWCSAR

River Rat
Nipple at top of chamber goes to your temp sensor on the ebox and from there to the pisser if that makes sense? It's right below your battery cable where it hooks up on the ebox side.. Since it's all stock, that should work..LMK if that fixes it?

Hey PWCSAR,
I have the temp sensor bypassed. I finally figured it out yesterday however. The 90º elbow that lets water in from the pump had sand in it, and while I had blown out all the hoses and spent a whole lot of time trying to figure this out... somehow I never looked at that elbow... :|
This is one of those instances where I feel quite stupid. :p

Glad you figured it out!I know this is a little late but If you run into a problem like this again i would suggest starting the ski up in the water and one at a time pull the cooling lines off and see where you lose water pressure at or lose water flow all together.

Top Bottom