Northgraphics Virus!!!

Gunter83

Trainwreck
I saw firsthand on my buddy's pc it caused his Hard drive to spin at 300% which in turn caught his computer on fire. I had a good chuckle. This is a guy that also put tinfoil around his motherboard because a friend told him it would make it run faster!!! ahhahahaha

kawasakit2me

Hooked on the Jamz
Could you tell what it was Matt? Could it have been Russian?

Our sites at work were hacked 2/3 weeks ago and we found we were part of Russia's cyber-attack on Georgia. There were MANY attempted bot attacks on a forum of ours and a Trojan was placed on 3 or our sites' home pages. These were all Russian!

I thought it was kind of cool to be part of that historical war... but my computer didn't get infected. The cool factor would be severely diminished if it had.

BTW- We found that the boss' computer was infected and when he logged in to a site to make updates or FTPed anything, the virus added itself to that site's home page. Perhaps how it happened to North Graphics.

Thread jack. Help needed.

I cleaned out my windows registry (like normal) this morning and lost part of my start-up program.. When I use the F8 key to access the safe mode so i can restore my computer or reload the registry file, it doesnt take me where i need to go! It sends me to a page that asks if I want to boot from disc, etc..

I thought you could press something like Alt-F8, etc to go into the safe mode but I must have screwed up something deeper than my elementary education can comprehend. Assistance would be appreciated / rewarded... 360 692-3492

Thanks,
Randy

Last edited:
CPU fun.

Thanks guys.... If I had your number Matt, I would have called you for advice... I think I fixed it, but I had to use f5 and do a bunch of other crap to fix it..

Matt (or others).. I have been following the virus link here, and i use a multitude of virus protection programs. Counterspy, E-trust, Spybot and Crap cleaner.. Many readers don't really know what to do and/or what to use! You guys would be assisting a ton of people if you set up a "clean up your computer' section with some easy to use links like AVG, etc.. I would like to find other ways to check for virus, and am especially interested in the one above.. I will even comp some product for the effort..
Thanks,
Randy

Thanks guys.... If I had your number Matt, I would have called you for advice... I think I fixed it, but I had to use f5 and do a bunch of other crap to fix it..

Matt (or others).. I have been following the virus link here, and i use a multitude of virus protection programs. Counterspy, E-trust, Spybot and Crap cleaner.. Many readers don't really know what to do and/or what to use! You guys would be assisting a ton of people if you set up a "clean up your computer' section with some easy to use links like AVG, etc.. I would like to find other ways to check for virus, and am especially interested in the one above.. I will even comp some product for the effort..
Thanks,
Randy

Yo Randy I will help in any way I can but I am never around a phone.

From what I can see if you just cease to offer the plug in you should be OK.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I think just have zero links to external sites, right?

Do you have admin privileges for your site?

Top Bottom