Nose Stabs Surf Stance vs in rear footholds?

motozachl

uPsiDeDoWn
^Those holds are SICK!!!! To OP i must be the odd man out and must keep both feet in the holds for stabs and rolls. I have way more control of the ski this way

I havent bothered installing footholds in my ski, Just got me 2 dakine straps in surf stance, wouldnt change it for anything. As for nosestabs....you can get way more rotation with surf stance stabs imo.

530574_440820389299001_1788826958_n.jpg

Foot hold nose stabs all the way

Attachments

• todays ride 025.jpg
    todays ride 025.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 183
do it however you feel comfortable... It is hard to tell people how to do a trick one certain way. Everyone has their own opinions and ideas about what feels right. If you like surf stance, go surf stance, if you like em back, leave both feet back... Just dont be close minded to new options. jump on a buddies ski (with their permission of course) with a front foothold/strap and try to throw a stab or two in a different stance and see how it feels.

live - n - learn

superjetguy

It's hard to speak without a tongue.
i started really riding last year and thats when i got my round nose and it has full enclosure holds in the rear and i can do stabs easy that way, i feel like i can get more inverted, i cannot even ride in surf stance i feel unstable.. just because ive rode in rear holds since i started. it all is on opinion and ability

Surf stance allows you to put more weight forward of the tray

straight legging allows you to put more weight into the rear of the tray

both are fine. Both require different techniques to do the same tricks

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
I never come out of the holds. I feel stupid on my bob that way, however I did ride a notsosquarenose last weekend and I stayed in surf stance. Felt oh so right. But I don't ride surf, that may explain a lot

Top Bottom